Air Compressor help please
(07-25-2019, 01:09 PM)Wipedout Wrote: So I have this Husky Pro air compressor I bought 7 or 8 years ago used from a friend who was moving to China

It has developed an oil leak -  it's always leaked at least some -  probably caused from when we moved it a half mile from his house to mine on a furniture dolly down the street a few blocks lol.  Well it now leaking bad and as far as I can tell its the sight glass.

Ive scoured the internet for the right part.  Problem is I can't find it on the schematic or anywhere on husky or HD.  I see I can buy them relatively cheap from amazon but I need to know the size.

Im going have to drain the oil when I pull the sight glass so I really would like to only do that once and not lose use of my compressor for a couple days while I wait for the part.  So any clue?  Am I just missing it somewhere?  Maybe my google fu is acting up

Thanks in advance

Robert

I believe I found the part #. Is your model # VT470000AV ? If so Campbell Hausfield  has this part.  Part number TF050102AJ. Not cheap ,around $23.00
You may be able to get the same part for less money by doing a search for this part #. High price is because it is a special order. First I would drain oil below sight glass and  remove it. Repair may be possible depending how it is made. I repaired a sight glass on a metal lathe by changing an O-ring and adding Teflon tape on the threads.
mike
(07-26-2019, 03:56 AM)tomsteve Wrote: jacks small engine repair has em in stock. ive used jacks for parts for quite a few years. never disappointed.

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-...r/vt470000

looks like ya want part# Part#:  TF050102AJ

That part number worked. It’s all fixed now. Thanks
(08-19-2019, 09:36 PM)Wipedout Wrote: That part number worked. It’s all fixed now. Thanks

Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Oh and there was a small crack in the old one which was causing the leak so tightening sealing and stuff wasn't working
Inquiring minds want to know - did you drain the oil, or tilt it back?  
Laugh 

Glad it's fixed, of course.  
Cool
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Not sure how he proceeded, but I recently replaced a sight glass and used that as an opportunity to change the oil, as most of it was gone anyway.