How to make an expanding dining table with stored leaves
I don't know if it is what your looking for or is big enough but Woodsmith Magazine issue no. 64 has a plan that seems to do what you want. If not maybe you can modify it a bit.
About a table being tippy when the leaves are in: We have that problem, so I made a 2.5” wide pedestal for each end. They have a crosspiece on top. When company comes and the table is opened up, it takes a few minutes to screw the pedestals to the underside of the table at each end. When the leaves are removed, the pedestals go back to the basement. It’s not an elegant solution, but it solves the problem, and allows us to safely use a beautiful table.
(04-02-2020, 10:16 PM)petertay15 Wrote: About a table being tippy when the leaves are in: We have that problem, so I made a 2.5” wide pedestal for each end.  They have a crosspiece on top.  When company comes and the table is opened up, it takes a few minutes to screw the pedestals to the underside of the table at each end. When the leaves are removed, the pedestals go back to the basement.  It’s not an elegant solution, but it solves the problem, and allows us to safely use a beautiful table.

Ha!  So the table I mentioned above ended up cracking on the pedestal base recently, and I've repaired it, but I really like the idea of a table that can extend (as sometimes we have five sitting around the table, and other times we have...way more.  I can easily see situations where we would want to sit 12).  I'll probably either buy or build a table that can extend significantly more.  I completely forgot about your comment to help with the tipping situation, but this would totally solve that problem.  Any chance you have photos?

Mark