Measure twice, cut multiple times
I know we've all done this.
Big Grin   It was my turn apparently.  I wasn't paying attention as I made my cut list for the lower cabinet doors earlier in the week and got on a roll assembling all of the doors so I could fit them this weekend.  When I got to the corner cabinet something didn't look right.  Yep, forgot there wasn't a drawer for the corner cabinet. 

So rather than fine tuning the cabinet doors I spent the majority of the day cutting new rails, stiles and the panels for the CORRECT size doors.
Laugh

Back at it tomorrow with hopefully no more doh moments and I have 2 doors for a future project. 
Smile
(08-24-2019, 05:12 PM)Duane N Wrote: I know we've all done this.
Big Grin   It was my turn apparently.  I wasn't paying attention as I made my cut list for the lower cabinet doors earlier in the week and got on a roll assembling all of the doors so I could fit them this weekend.  When I got to the corner cabinet something didn't look right.  Yep, forgot there wasn't a drawer for the corner cabinet. 

So rather than fine tuning the cabinet doors I spent the majority of the day cutting new rails, stiles and the panels for the CORRECT size doors.
Laugh

Back at it tomorrow with hopefully no more doh moments and I have 2 doors for a future project. 
Smile

Well, we may not 'all' have done it, but I certainly have!  
Sad
Well, chit happens, can't say similar things haven't happened to me.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Yup. If you don't make a mistake now and then, chances are you aren't doing
much anyway!!

Laugh
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Maybe the universe is telling you to add a drawer there.
Yea......when I was in the cab and staircase business, I'd pull a similar stunt every second or third set.
Rolleyes
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

If that was only the worst kinda thing I ever cut incorrectly ...
Ray
As Bob Ross used to say, there are no mistakes just happy little accidents. Now you will have to design your next project so you can use the doors. From my stand point you have a good start on you next project.
Been there, done that.

Tom
I know what you mean. I was making a drawer. A single freakin' drawer. Somewhere along the way I  confused my pins and tails. Ended up making a beautiful drawer that was 1/2 " too short and 1/2 " too long. Time to start milling stock all over again.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
My worst was, after the door was completed and sanded, was boring the euro hinge holes on the wrong stile....
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020