Lifting table saw?
(10-23-2019, 11:41 PM)Martin S. Wrote: OK, I have a tablesaw that had a roller base that came with it.  The wheels have disintegrated (not happy about that) and I need to move the saw.

I bought a new base, and the instructions say something like, "get 4 strong men to lift the saw while a fifth person slides the base under it".

So...

I don't have 4 strong men, only one 50+ fat guy.

I have been considering an engine hoist, but the ones I have looked at have a base that has to slide under the motor, er, saw, in this case, so I can't see how that will work.

I am open to suggestions as to how to lift a tablesaw in order to get a new base underneath it without hurting myself.

I am sure I am not the first person presented with this problem, and I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Martin

Rent an appliance dolly.  You should be able to strap the the saw to the dolly while still in the base and get it out of and back into the base.  I have moved my shop, twice, by myself using an appliance dolly.   They are super helpful.

Matt
Thanks for all the great ideas. I'll let you know how it turns out.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Did you get it onto its new base?
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I recently put my Unisaw on a mobile base by myself. Raised one side on 2 by 4 scraps and then pushed it onto the base. Much easier than I exprctec

I'm under the impression he needs to lift it onto a whole new base that has rollers.  Or are we just lifting onto a roller kit for the old base?

Quote; "I bought a new base, ..."