Question about planer roller height
I was tuning up my Jet 15" planer for a new project and I read in the Operator's Manual that the maximum height of the table rollers should be .005" higher than the table. Is that right? I don't even think I can measure that. I  would appreciate hearing from my fellow Woodnetters  what height you set your table rollers at.

Papa Jim
I had a good day. I used every tool I own!
I think the last time I tuned mine, I set them .005 on my 20" Griz
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have a Delta, and I recall them being something like that: .003 to .005".
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Set them low or flush for smoother wood.
Set them high ( up to .005 ) for rough cut wood.
Robert Vaughn showed a cool tip for Parks 12" planer.
Lift up the bed roller bearing blocks, and put a small shim under the 4 blocks, to raise rollers for rough cut lumber. Remove for smooth lumber.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(10-29-2019, 08:59 PM)Papa Jim Wrote: I was tuning up my Jet 15" planer for a new project and I read in the Operator's Manual that the maximum height of the table rollers should be .005" higher than the table. Is that right? I don't even think I can measure that. I  would appreciate hearing from my fellow Woodnetters  what height you set your table rollers at.

Papa Jim

Papa Jim, one sheet of printer paper is .004 . Not sure if feeler gauges go that low but I would just use a piece of printer paper with loose drag.

mike