Filter advice for shop-built air scrubber?
I have a whole bunch of merv 11 filter media. I find that is too fine for 1st stage cleaning. I built two frames that are for my overhead air cleaners. I also built two frames for my furnace forced air.
I bought a lifetime supply lets say...
Laugh  I bought something like this.What I have is merv 11

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(11-17-2019, 09:52 AM)fishhh4 Wrote: I have a whole bunch of merv 11 filter media. I find that is too fine for 1st stage cleaning. I built two frames that are for my overhead air cleaners. I also built two frames for my furnace forced air.
I bought a lifetime supply lets say...
Laugh  I bought something like this.What I have is merv 11

???  Seems to be MERV 8

Product description

'Here are some important details for Air Handler Filter Media Roll. Media Roll Width: 25", Merv: 8.'
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Cooler, that's a link for 8.

He bought 11, though.
Semper fi,
Brad

(11-16-2019, 10:12 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Admiral,

This will be thre first video build I plan on making for my soon-to-be YouTube channel.
 Cool, looking forward to the link.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(11-18-2019, 08:40 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Cooler, that's a link for 8.

He bought 11, though.
That is the link he provided.  I only looked at it.  I assume he ordered from that link that he provided.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Yes, but he wrote the link to show that he purchased the 11.
Semper fi,
Brad

My filters have come in so I designed the box.  All material is 3/4" ply.  It's big because I'm using big filters.  I don't mind, as I have a 12' ceiling, so it'll be out of the way.

Over all height is 31-7/8", width is 35", and length is 31".  I think the model in Sketchup is about 6' tall, hopefully giving a sense of scale.

I haven't designed the opening for the blower exhaust; that's be done after I build the carcass and place the blower in so I can mark it directly from the exhaust.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Cut list for the project:

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Started building it last night. Went overboard with 3/4 cabinet grade ply, but oh well. Two sheets, with some left over.

When done it'll have three sets of filters.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Well done. I'm not sure I saw this above, will it be hanging or sitting on the floor?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.