Use for a plank?
Corner blocks:   A piece of 1 x 2, 45 degree cuts on the ends.   Glue and screws to attach into each corner, to keep the base square..then a slotted hole is made, to attach the top to the base.   Slots allow for the top to expand/contract as seasons change. 

Miter one end, measure for the other, lay out the cut...

Mitre saw to make a few cuts, using the first one as a pattern...got 4 to make  

Pilot holes, with countersink....

Aprons were planed smooth on the show side...bottom edge's outside corner is rounded a bit,  with a plane.   Then legs and aprons get assembled, and then the corner blocks installed...

Came back the next day, and drilled the slots...

Once the clamps came off.   I also ran the router around the top of the top, and gave the edge a round over.  Turned the panel over, centered the base, using a combo square....

Added washers to the screws, and attached the base to the top...

Set down on the floor, while I hunt for a brush, and the stain..

Then gave everything a coat of "Gunstock" stain....then wiped it all down...

And there we have a PIP.    Letting the stain fully dry, before I add a top coat. 
Winkgrin
Just a simple, little table.   Just something to keep me busy in the shop.
Rolleyes  

Anyone want to see the finished project?    
Confused
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Of course we want to see Bandit.......

That's why we stay tuned!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(12-03-2019, 10:18 AM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Of course we want to see Bandit.......

That's why we stay tuned!

Agreed, we absolutely want to see the final product.
(12-03-2019, 11:37 AM)stav Wrote: Agreed, we absolutely want to see the final product.

+1
Just got  out of the Hospital this morning....had a Heart Cath....and since they entered through the leg/groin....I am on the "DL" for a week or 3.....

Grandson can help by moving the table upstairs....then I can apply the topcoat.    Not allowed to lift over 5 pounds, right now....letting that plug heal.  

Looks like the first of the year, before the next build-along can be started up...
Rest up Bandit. We can wait.
Have a good holiday time with the family!!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I hope you're up and around soon, fully recovered. Until then, take your time.
(12-04-2019, 08:31 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Just got  out of the Hospital this morning....had a Heart Cath....and since they entered through the leg/groin....I am on the "DL" for a week or 3.....

Glad the procedure went ok. Rest up and get healed up, don't push it. In the meantime, you can be a kibitzer here.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Had a bit of help....table is now upstairs...I can at least use a paint brush...so
Winkgrin

1st coat of Amber Shellac, 1 pound cut, is now on.    Will add a few more coats as the weekend goes by....
Cool
That's really nice! Perfect example of simple beauty.
Cool