Freshly Sharpened Hand Saws
There is a nice assortment of freshly sharpened vintage hand saws available on my website, Loon Lake Tool Works.

Holiday presents for your favorite woodworker???

[Image: Disston_D111_0001_540x.jpg?v=1575156890]

[Image: Disston_D23_Rip_0005_540x.jpg?v=1569410839]

[Image: Disston_1872_0003_540x.jpg?v=1568027172]
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Beautiful saws at a fair price.
Here's a question: Where can one find instructions on how to eliminate kinks and bends in saws? I have a couple that I've abused and would like to try to straighten them. But I have no idea how.
Quite drool worthy.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I’ve been told that you can remove small kinks by using a hammer and anvil (or something else underneath like a short section of railroad track, even a vise).
Here is an article that was written by Bob Smalser a few years ago. He describes how to remove bends with a hammer and anvil. I use a similar method, though with MUCH smaller hammers. Brute force is not necessary.

There is also a brief article in an 1877 issue of Scientific American that describe how and where to strike hammer blows to remove different types of irregularities in the plate.

In the end though, it takes practice. Start with some junk saws and keep working at it before hammering on your prized saws.
Bob Page
In da U.P. of Michigan
That D-111 is a very nice saw and very reasonably priced. I'm tempted, but my till is overflowing......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
These saws are ready to go, though I have many more that are waiting for clean up and sharpening. Let me if you are looking for something in particular. My email address is LoonLakeToolWorks@gmail.com
Bob Page
In da U.P. of Michigan