Lee Valley Cyber Sale
Lee Valley has pretty much sold out the Veritas tools ... and it is only 8am Left Coast Time. Boy!! Saved me a few hundred!
Say what? Sold out of their tools?
(12-02-2019, 11:23 AM)med-one Wrote: Say what? Sold out of their tools?

Sold out of their factory seconds, listed for sale on their version of Cyber Monday.  I went through the listings last night (one of the advantages of living on the Left Coast is you can look at events starting at midnight East Coast time at a reasonable hour, instead of staying up until midnight), and saw nothing that tempted me to spend.  Not that there weren't cool tools (or is that kewl tewls?), but just nothing that my shop actually needs right now.
Bought one of the gift cards that should fund most of my purchases over the next year or so.  Couple those savings with a free shipping event and it will be a decent savings for sure.
Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
I could not get the cart to go to checkout - after ½ hr I said the heck with it and went to bed. Checked this, AM and the tool I wanted was still sitting on my cart and still available and the cart worked. For some reason, it required that I move 1 non-sale item (allen wrench handle) to Purchase Later - not out of stock ???? I feel really sorry for those IT grunts. So I will wait until the next free shipping event and hope I meet the minimum. As the hair gets whiter, I need/want fewer tools. In fact, I am now shedding tools.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(12-02-2019, 07:58 PM)cputnam Wrote: I could not get the cart to go to checkout - after ½ hr I said the heck with it and went to bed.  Checked this, AM and the tool I wanted was still sitting on my cart and still available and the cart worked. For some reason, it required that I move 1 non-sale item (allen wrench handle) to Purchase Later - not out of stock ???? I feel really sorry for those IT grunts.  So I will wait until the next free shipping event and hope I meet the minimum.  As the hair gets whiter, I need/want fewer tools.  In fact, I am now shedding tools.

I just bought a block plane this afternoon, I was up last night when it went live, I'm hand tooled out, get enough of everything, I noticed some of their sale prices are higher this year, I assume it because of free shipping.
(12-02-2019, 10:54 PM)wing nut Wrote: I just bought a block plane this afternoon, I was up last night when it went live, I'm hand tooled out, get enough of everything, I noticed some of their sale prices are higher this year, I assume it because of free shipping.

I keep getting the Canadian site upon opening so things don't look so great. I should keep the opening that way, for discouragement. Trouble is, the prices make the USD look like a bargain. Rob's a sly devil!

I went back and bought what I wanted anyway. Missed the Shoot Plane special, so lost $100 there. Cleaned out a substantial block of my slowly growing year-long wish list that had actually fallen from purchase grace.
They continued the sale. A couple veritas still left. A scraper and a router plane. Hopefully my box arrives tomorrow.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

My goodies arrived today. Cross cut tenon saw and a router plane.