Abe Lincoln's mallet
Politics 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7iN_y4X7k
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Roy Underhill had an episode showing how to make these. He attributed the design to Abraham Lincoln, but with Roy it's hard to tell if he means it. He also quoted Lincoln as saying "... With mallets toward none, with charity toward all..."
I have one of George Washington’s hatchets. I had to replace the handle though..... and the head.
Everybody blamed his old man for makin him mean as a snake. When Amos Moses was a boy his daddy would use him for alligator bait!
-Jerry Reed

Larry
(12-18-2019, 11:49 AM)LarryK Wrote: I have one of George Washington’s hatchets. I had to replace the handle though..... and the head.

Was it signed???????
Confused
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

If Lincoln had made such a mallet, he must've used an ax, not chisels.
Laugh

Simon
(12-19-2019, 05:33 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: If Lincoln had made such a mallet, he must've used an ax, not chisels.
Laugh

Simon

Thank you foe posting this. I really enjoyed watching it. Who knows I just might make one, my main shop is closed for the winter.

Tom