Power feeder advice
I am thinking about getting a power feeder for an ongoing production of pieces for a factory near me.

What do you have?  How do you like it?

What would you recommend?

TIA
Different size shapers take different size feeders.  What shaper will you be putting this on?
Small shapers like the Delta HD or Powermatic 26 are too big for the baby feeders and almost too small for the regular size feeders.
(01-01-2020, 10:42 PM)Bob Vaughan Wrote: Different size shapers take different size feeders.  What shaper will you be putting this on?
Small shapers like the Delta HD or Powermatic 26 are too big for the baby feeders and almost too small for the regular size feeders.

I am going to use in on my table saw.  There isn't a problem with that is there?
(01-02-2020, 08:20 AM)iublue Wrote: I am going to use in on my table saw.  There isn't a problem with that is there?

At least 1/4 HP power feeder. Even if the work is small the baby power feeders are difficult to adjust.
(01-03-2020, 04:41 AM)mike4244 Wrote: At least 1/4 HP power feeder. Even if the work is small the baby power feeders are difficult to adjust.

1/4hp feeders are too light too. Go 1hp in Co-Matic or Maggi Steff.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(01-03-2020, 10:27 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: 1/4hp feeders are too light too. Go 1hp

+1
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

For a table saw, consider the King EZ feed if you can find a good used one.  They were made for the table saw.  It clamps directly to the fence and doesn't require that tower of plumbing plus holes in the table saw's table.  I first saw them in the 1970s and have had one ever since.  Easy on and off.  Look at some of the others' photos of feeders on their table saws and you'll see what I'm talking about.

If you're using an industrial sized saw like a 12-14" or something like a Northfields, Oliver, Beach, etc., then a full sized feeder like is generally used on a shaper is a better choice.

Assuming the table saw is a PM66 or Unisaw size, I would go with a 1HP 4 wheel feeder mounted to the table.  The Biesemeyer fences on these saws will not handle a feeder clamped to them.  With the time it requires to properly set-up a table saw and fence, I would not use a fence mounted feeder on any saw.  There is a reason you don't see them used anywhere.
(01-04-2020, 03:08 PM)aquaticjim Wrote: Assuming the table saw is a PM66 or Unisaw size, I would go with a 1HP 4 wheel feeder mounted to the table.  The Biesemeyer fences on these saws will not handle a feeder clamped to them.  With the time it requires to properly set-up a table saw and fence, I would not use a fence mounted feeder on any saw.  There is a reason you don't see them used anywhere.

Show us a photo of how you mounted the feeder to your table saw, particularly where you drilled the holes to miss the ribs on the underside.

I'll agree with your observation that the Biesemeyer fences are a little weak, but a block c-clamped to the back of the table will keep the fence from deflecting.