3 HP Oneida Dust Gorilla Pro
Wondering for people that own one, is delivery really UPS Ground in a ton of boxes? I've found a bunch of videos of people showing the boxes, which I know (I currently have a mini-gorilla that came in 3 or 4 so I am familiar with Oneida's system) but it seems like there should be 7-8, plus any piping. I notice the website shows ground and a quote, but just seems something more convenient to palatalize and send freight. IIRC the 5HP says is sent common carrier.

Is it a weight threshold and the 3HP motor is just under?

Going to be pulling the trigger soon, just trying to plan.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

No idea what the "pro" model entails....I have the 3hp Dust Gorrila, 12-15 years old.
It came truck freight, iirc, 2 or 3 pallets. I did not get a filter as I vent outside.

Ed
I bought one back in 2001, and as I recall it came in about 5 boxes. The motor was one, the blower housing in another, the top 1/2 of the body, the cone, canister, and a box of miscellaneous that I believe the elbow was in. That may not be exact, but it's close. The one I bought was when they were all steel (including the elbow) so they may be doing it a little different today...but it will still be close to what i described (I'd bet).

Edit: the filter was in it's own box...so there was 6.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(01-05-2020, 11:24 PM)EdL Wrote: No idea what the "pro" model entails....I have the 3hp Dust Gorrila, 12-15 years old.
It came truck freight, iirc, 2 or 3 pallets. I did not get a filter as I vent outside.

Ed
About the same age here. 
I honestly don’t remember but I know I do remember not having to do very much to get it running and mine came with the mobile cart. So it must have been palletized.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
Like EdL, I have no idea what the "pro" model entails....I got the 3hp Dust Gorrila 9 or 10 years ago. Don't remember how many boxes, but it works great.
My suggestion is to ask Oneida how it is shipped. 
(01-05-2020, 08:42 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Wondering for people that own one, is delivery really UPS Ground in a ton of boxes? I've found a bunch of videos of people showing the boxes, which I know (I currently have a mini-gorilla that came in 3 or 4 so I am familiar with Oneida's system) but it seems like there should be 7-8, plus any piping. 

Not sure how many boxes, but there were several:
[Image: IMG_1680.jpg]
CONGRATS btw! Surprised you waited this long.  
Cool
(01-06-2020, 10:24 AM)Cian Wrote: CONGRATS btw! Surprised you waited this long.  
Cool

So yours came UPS ground, not freight, correct.

Yea, its a space management issue. The little guy has been OK....but its defiantly geared towards a weekend DIY guy not a pro shop. Running 200 gallons a week through it sure makes you clean filter weekly, which gets old.....but making the space was easier now that I got a second 12x20 storage unit. 

I made up my mind mid summer, but wanted to wait for it to be on 2020 tax year instead of 2019....spreading out big purchases....

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I didn’t take a picture, but bought mine about 3 years ago and it came by UPS in many boxes. It was not freight. I’ve been very happy with the system in my shop and haven’t looked back.

John
(01-06-2020, 08:51 PM)jcredding Wrote: I didn’t take a picture, but bought mine about 3 years ago and it came by UPS in many boxes.  It was not freight.   I’ve been very happy with the system in my shop and haven’t looked back.  

John

Cool Thank you!

(01-06-2020, 06:32 PM)packerguy® Wrote: So yours came UPS ground, not freight, correct.

Correct. 

Some tips:

Also, not sure how much has changed since I've ordered mine, but getting that Baldor motor/fan assembly up top was a total PITA.  That's a two person job if there ever was one.  
Crazy    I had a buddy swing by to help get it mounted. I've read (smarter?) guys had somehow assembled it while all laying on the ground and tilted it up, but given my basement shop height challenges (and primarily working solo), I assembled it in place onto my custom stand to make sure it fit height-wise in my shop. 
[Image: IMG_1749.jpg]
A custom stand was necessary, not only for height considerations, but also so I can back it up into its own alcove and allows me to pull it out to service the filter as needed.  The splay of the legs are wide enough to allow the refuse tub to slide through for bag removal/replacement: 
[Image: IMG_1764.jpg]
Lastly, a magnehelic tells me when it's time to clean the filter vs guessing:
[Image: 20141004_160018.jpg]
Congrats and welcome to the club! 
Cool