Sanding sleeves for oscillating sander?
Allowed the moths to escape from the wallet the other day and purchased the Ridgid Combo oscillating sander. The sleeves that came with it are all 80 grit. Went to Amazon to look at some more sleeves and was surprised to see how many different companies were selling them.  This is totally new territory for me. Anybody have thoughts on a brand a person should be looking for in sanding sleeves or are they pretty much generic?  BTW can already tell, should have let the moths escape years ago on this purchase.
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
I get mine from Klingspor, though I'm sure there are several other good quality sources.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I get mine from Industrial Abrasives, https://www.industrialabrasives.com/sand...mklmck5j84
I haven't yet replaced mine, but they're due soon. Thanks for this thread.

This tool is a life changer, ain't it?
Semper fi,
Brad

(01-09-2020, 08:40 AM)stoppy Wrote: Allowed the moths to escape from the wallet the other day and purchased the Ridgid Combo oscillating sander. The sleeves that came with it are all 80 grit. Went to Amazon to look at some more sleeves and was surprised to see how many different companies were selling them.  This is totally new territory for me. Anybody have thoughts on a brand a person should be looking for in sanding sleeves or are they pretty much generic?  BTW can already tell, should have let the moths escape years ago on this purchase.

Several good suggestions as to a source for the sanding sleeves.

Make sure you use a crepe block / also called a cleaning eraser as this will extend the life of your sanding sleeves and belts.

Bill
I'll second the Klingspor suggestion as well as the crepe block.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(01-09-2020, 08:40 AM)stoppy Wrote: Allowed the moths to escape from the wallet the other day and purchased the Ridgid Combo oscillating sander. The sleeves that came with it are all 80 grit. Went to Amazon to look at some more sleeves and was surprised to see how many different companies were selling them.  This is totally new territory for me. Anybody have thoughts on a brand a person should be looking for in sanding sleeves or are they pretty much generic?  BTW can already tell, should have let the moths escape years ago on this purchase.

I just sold my Ridgid a few weeks ago and I think I still have brand new sleeves for it that I forgot about it.

If you are interested I will PM you with what I have 

~Kris
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
(01-09-2020, 11:59 AM)KLaz Wrote: I just sold my Ridgid a few weeks ago and I think I still have brand new sleeves for it that I forgot about it.

If you are interested I will PM you with what I have 

~Kris

Interested.
Jim

There is a good chance
(01-09-2020, 10:50 AM)wjt Wrote: Several good suggestions as to a source for the sanding sleeves.

Make sure you use a crepe block / also called a cleaning eraser as this will extend the life of your sanding sleeves and belts.

Bill

Have one and have already used it sanding those cars yesterday.
Jim

There is a good chance
(01-09-2020, 12:18 PM)stoppy Wrote: Interested.

I'll look tonight and let you know
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV