Cutting quartz countertop - cabinet toe kick
Wear a dust mask.  The silica is a health hazard.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot...tting-sick

The trouble is, workers have gotten sick, and even died, after cutting this engineered stone and breathing in its dangerous dust, public health officials say.

Overseas, some are even calling for a ban on selling engineered quartz for countertops.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(01-13-2020, 01:07 AM)wrb Wrote: There is no way to get to the back of the toe kick to use the scraper blade.  I will try heat gun to see if that helps with the adhesive without damaging the cabined and hardwood floor.  That will surely be the easiest.

(01-13-2020, 08:13 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Any possible way to take the dishwasher door off to pry it off from behind?

Great idea!  I will remove the door to see if that creates some opportunity for prying from the back, perhaps aided with heat gun as well.  If it all fails, then will look into cutting.
(01-13-2020, 09:50 AM)Cooler Wrote: Wear a dust mask.  The silica is a health hazard.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot...tting-sick

The trouble is, workers have gotten sick, and even died, after cutting this engineered stone and breathing in its dangerous dust, public health officials say.

Overseas, some are even calling for a ban on selling engineered quartz for countertops.

I will surely use a mask, a vacuum pointed to the cut location and even an air cleaner near the location to capture it.  I had no idea it was even worse than natural stone.  I am allergic to dust and have a powered HEPA respirator that I use in the shop in addition to cyclone and an air filter.  Unfortunately, this is inside the house and don't want to take risks with the family... Thank you for sharing this.
When I have to fix a car door, sometimes I have to break the glue between the side impact bar and the exterior door skin. I use a hacksaw saw blade. If the blade was heated, it would probably go faster. The toe kick is probably glued on with vinyl cove base adhesive. It's spread on with a notched trowel. There should be some sort of a gap between the toe-kick and the cabinet base. I'll becha you can find a way in there.

The door is usually a good bit lower than the dishwasher drain pan. I'll betcha you can get a pry bar in there.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Can you call the installation company?

(01-13-2020, 06:49 PM)wrb Wrote: Great idea!  I will remove the door to see if that creates some opportunity for prying from the back, perhaps aided with heat gun as well.  If it all fails, then will look into cutting.

I have taken a sawzall to cut off the front feet before to get over a floor that trapped the machine in place.  Cutting up a machine you are going to toss out makes the carry easier
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Be careful with a heat gun. The quartzite will have to get plenty hot before any of that heat reaches the glue. Can't imagine quartzite being a good heat conductor. If I were doing this, I'd do my best to save the piece of tow-kick intact. Maybe reattach with a dab of silicone or latex caulk just to hold it in place until it needs to come out again. It may be installed that way now. With the door off, you'llbe able to find out quickly.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(01-13-2020, 08:04 PM)goaliedad Wrote: Can you call the installation company?

Main contractor has since moved to another state and got into a different business line.  So, nobody to call after 7-8 years.
(01-14-2020, 12:59 AM)Bob10 Wrote: I have taken a sawzall to cut off the front feet before to get over a floor that trapped the machine in place.  Cutting up a machine you are going to toss out makes the carry easier

Another great idea!  Could be fun as well.  Thanks!
(01-14-2020, 10:14 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Be careful with a heat gun. The quartzite will have to get plenty hot before any of that heat reaches the glue.  Can't imagine quartzite being a good heat conductor. If I were doing this, I'd do my best to save the piece of tow-kick intact. Maybe reattach with a dab of silicone or latex caulk just to hold it in place until it needs to come out again. It may be installed that way now. With the door off, you'llbe able to find out quickly.

Good point.  I am also not sure if the material would take the heat without discoloration.  I will remove the door and if needed cut the machine while it is in place to remove it and then remove the toe kick section from the behind with a pry bar.  Last resort would be to cut it, but if I can reach from behind, I don't think it will be necessary to cut. 

I will post the actual experience here in case anyone finds it helpful in the future.