Leftovers
Thanks.    Got bored....wound up spending about 2 hours IN the shop....25 photos, too
Rolleyes   Means this episode may take a couple installments...

First....removed the clamps from the table's top.....nothing cracked, nothing flew apart,  just some creaks and groans, mainly from the clamps themselves, and me
Cool 
Both sides needed a bit of work...

side #2...side #1 was a bit worse off.   Thought I could beltsand the worst parts, and the dried glue down, then plane things smooth and flat.  Beltsander decided to throw a bearing...grinding and a groaning worse than me, when I get up out of bed....Boss wanted to go shopping anyway..bought a new sander, and a few sanding belts..back to work I went....

Side #1 vs Stanley #3, Type 11....Ash no match for a well sharpened iron...side #2?

Same results.  Wasn't quite done, though....

2 front legs and the drawer front...getting the spacing figured out, as that plank way in the background, needs cut up into aprons...set the back legs up, as well..

To figure the side aprons....10" + 1/2" tenons =11" or there abouts....back apron is 1" longer than the drawer front, due to the tenons....Set the parts down, before they fall over, and onto my toes....laid the plank on the vise, and laid out some lines.  
Winkgrin

But, where to cut this board...was too long for the tablesaw..
Confused

Even without the rip fence, would be too awkward to safely move through...same with the Mitersaw...

You were expecting a motor?   Well, I just clamped the plank into the vise on the end of the bench...and a Disston D-8, 11 ppi handsaw worked just "fine"
Winkgrin

Edges were a tad wavy....had to straightline rip one edge...
Cool

Then reset the rip fence, to match the width of the drawer front...

Next episode?   Well, these 3 boards do need a tenon on each end....

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Roh-Kay, Raggy
Winkgrin    Had 3 boards all nicely milled up..
Cool

needed a way to make 1/2" tenons....begins with doing a consistent shoulder cut....I set up a stop block.. 

1/2" or so from where the saw will cut.   marked out the stop lines to where I will saw down to....first test cut?
Confused 

Hmmm..reset to split the lines....finally got all 12 cuts made...

But..how to do the cheek cuts.....mitre box can't, I don't trust the tablesaw, right now.....Maybe something quick and easy?   Used a tip from Roy Underhill...I marked the lines for the cheek cuts on the ends of the boards....stand the board up in the vise....a wide chisel, and a mallet....
Winkgrin

Stick the cutting edge in the line, bevel to the outside...one good whack, move the chisel a bit more...until I reach the end....then come back the other side...

waste is gone...most of it, depending on the grain....some even went flying....roughness?  We have ways..
Cool

Auburn No. 181, skewed rebate plane....easy as can be.    then a little bandsaw work....notch the ends of the tenons, don't need them full width..
Cool

About all I could do for the day...other than sweep the little mess....
Rolleyes

Over into the BIG mess...
Winkgrin 

And call it a day....
Stay tuned...we'll see what today brings...
Cool
Lets see, set up a beading plane....

To make a few beads....bottom edges of the aprons weren't too bad...

But, it didn't work to well for the legs....set up a small cove bit in the router..

A bit on the chippy side...grain seemed to be the problem...we have ways..

Also found a few glue joints needing planed smooth..there is such a joint in that leg, right down the center...

Got all the legs done.  Picked one out, set the others aside...got out the mortise tools..
Uhoh

2 combo squares, so I don't have to keep changing the settings...not real happy with the 8mm Narex chisel....too many bevels...only NEED one bevel..

Got the first mortise chopped, and fitted...
Cool 

Took a while...Ash did not like the chisel....then, somehow, managed to get the second mortise chopped..
Upset

This is just sitting here, no glue used.   Only clamps used, are to hold the bottom leg still...
Cool

Need to work on that chisel, tomorrow....regrind the tip into a single 25 degree bevel, and then sharpen from there.    My 6mm Narex is sharpened with just a single bevel, works great, even in Ash.
Cool   It was just too narrow for these mortises, so I had to use the 8mm one....
No

Stay tuned, 4 more mortises like this to do, then see about that drawer....
Rolleyes
Hi.  May I ask what you apply to your cauls to prevent the glue from sticking to them?
I don't really worry about them sticking....a quick tap usually pops them free.    I basically use scraps as cauls....use once, back into the scrap bin.   Pine seems to be the main ones, right now...

Tap so the caul twists off...IF they do stick.
Well, need to dig out the honing guide, couple of stones, and the wet or dry papers.....we have a mortise chisel to sharpen up...so it will actually do the job I need...

May do that 3/8" wide  Witherby while I'm at it.....film @ 2300 hrs.....might even get 4 mortises done?  
Confused

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
man you're fast!

was surprised to see a breadboard end glued on all the way across. not concerned about expansion/contraction breaking that open?
Top is a 3 board glue up...none of the 3 are over 5" wide....Quartersawn Ash...doesn't move, if any.  
Cool

2 hours in the shop, today.    4 mortises chopped and fitted...need to build a webframe for the drawer to slide in on...

3 chisels sharpened....film @ 2300 hrs....
Cool
First part of the shop time:  Sharpening.   Used a guide to set the bevel angle..
Rolleyes   

Angle finder is ..ok, that blue POS is not.     Got tired of the chisels slipping away..fired the jig....not in parts unknown..
Upset  

Both of these had been badly sharpened....decided to just regrind a flat 25 degree bevel and go from there..other one is a Buck Brothers 3/8"..

First stone, after beltsander got the angle ground....

Second stone is a 600 grit Medium India, 3in1 oil.   then 3 grits of paper..1K, 1500, and 2K....

Then the old leather strop..we'll see how these work...( need to go shopping for a new honing guide...someday)
Had 4 mortises to chop, and fit...and try out the newly sharpened chisel..
Winkgrin 

Then fit it to the tenon...
Cool 

Then the next one...and test fit the second side...

I also marked out which will be the front/drawer 

That way, I don't chop a mortise for the back in the wrong leg...

Got both mortises for the back apron done, and fitted...decided to do a full dry fit...
Rolleyes

The long side facing the front?  Is the blank for the drawer front. 

2 hours of shop time...plumb worn out...knock the parts back down, and call it a day...
Webframe will be pine, I think....still have one 3/4 x 6 x 54" plank upstairs....IF I want to use that...
Uhoh 

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin