Clear Vue DC
Im looking at and strongly considering a Clear vue unit.  Ive spoke with CS and was utterly impressed with their reply but thought I'd ask here for any opinions on them.  I currently have a Delta 50-850  1.5 HP pulling through 6 inch PVC and exiting outside unfiltered.  It does ok but noticed I'm accumulating really fine dust in the shop.  Thats concerning health wise so I'm thinking I need to improve this.  Im a hobbiest bordering making profit.  My shop runs 7 days a week and about 40-50 hours weekly.  

Thanks,

Wayne
Salisbury, PA
Well if you're going to continue to exhaust outside there is no sense in improved separation, just want to move more air.

Do you have any air scrubbers?
Clear Vue has a good reputation. I do not own their products.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

It's based on the Pentz design, which works extremely well.  FWIW.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(02-13-2020, 04:35 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Well if you're going to continue to exhaust outside there is no sense in improved separation, just want to move more air.

Do you have any air scrubbers?

I dont..  12 foot ceilings make me wonder if they would  be efficient
Get one of those 20 inch box fans and tape a furnace filter on it.
Total cost for this can't be more than twenty bucks or so.
Hang it in your shop and run it for a day and you will be convinced.

A dedicated air scrubber or perhaps several depending on the size of
your shop will make a difference. So that will lead you to the more
efficient filtration/scrubber systems.

Dust/chip collection at the source is only the start of the 'triad.'
You need to filter the 'fines' that you are seeing settle everywhere.
AND wear a respirator.

Your lungs will thank you!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Friend of mine locally who is a turner also has one and it will suck a wart of a witches nose.  I would love to have one but out of the budget.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I have a CV 1800 (with a 16" impeller), and it certainly moves enough air to capture all the fine dust. Mine pulls though 6" PVC, and every tool possible has the port upsized to 6". I'm surprised at your response when you called CS, but maybe I don't understand what was asked. They were very good when I ordered mine (3 years ago). In any case, Phil speaketh the truth...if you exhaust outside, you don't need the best separation; just more air flow. While the CV 1800 will give you that, it's possible you would still have fine dust in the shop. The DC isn't going to help with a pile of other operations...like hand held router use, or possibly a miter saw. Regardless, I think you asking for opinions on the CV. I believe it's the best cyclone available (currently) and for dust capture and separation is certainly one at the top of the pile. It's also very loud; mine runs at 94 dB, an important consideration. But they now offer it in steel, and had that been available when I bought mine I would have bought it instead. The polycarbonate is very durable (and entertaining to grandkids and visitors) but I'm thinking the steel one might not be as noisy.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Ditto everything Fred said. I also have a ClearVue 1800 with a 16" impeller. It keeps my shop very clean and dust free. Before I installed it, I got bad sinus headaches that lasted days when I worked in the shop using the big power dust generators. I installed the CV and the headaches stopped. Fred covered two key points: (1) it's LOUD. I had to build a sound damping closet around mine so I could live in the same room with it. (2) It doesn't work with hand held dust makers - routers and sanders primarily. A third point is that it requires some assembly; it's not a plug-and-go machine. Mine is piped to all my machines and works very well capturing chips and dust at the source. I have very little fine dust in my shop. I've had it for over 10 years and it has never given me a moment's trouble.
(02-14-2020, 06:33 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I have a CV 1800 (with a 16" impeller), and it certainly moves enough air to capture all the fine dust. Mine pulls though 6" PVC, and every tool possible has the port upsized to 6". I'm surprised at your response when you called CS, but maybe I don't understand what was asked. They were very good when I ordered mine (3 years ago). In any case, Phil speaketh the truth...if you exhaust outside, you don't need the best separation; just more air flow. While the CV 1800 will give you that, it's possible you would still have fine dust in the shop. The DC isn't going to help with a pile of other operations...like hand held router use, or possibly a miter saw. Regardless, I think you asking for opinions on the CV. I believe it's the best cyclone available (currently) and for dust capture and separation is certainly one at the top of the pile. It's also very loud; mine runs at 94 dB, an important consideration. But they now offer it in steel, and had that been available when I bought mine I would have bought it instead. The polycarbonate is very durable (and entertaining to grandkids and visitors) but I'm thinking the steel one might not be as noisy.

Surprised at my response??  Utterly impressed?  The email response was far and above anything I expected to get.