How to Question on Table Leg
My daughter would like me to make this table for her.

I have no clue on how to make the legs shown in the picture below. It is not a turning but rather a square shape.

Could it be a flat board that is mitered around a square post?

This will be a learning experience, I cannot see the table in person.

It could be built like a mitered box around a square post. You'd want the box sides to be slightly thicker than the detail. I did a plan for a similar leg for someone once. I'll see if I can find it to show you.
That's just a compound bandsaw cut.

[Image: 2dx8JeM.jpg]
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
I'm guessing the leg is 15" to 18" tall.  The widest section is probably one third the height.  This looks like a good project for the band saw.  The flow of the grain will be important unless it is painted.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
As has been said " Bandsaw"  On that leg you will need to save the scrap and stickey tape it back on to make the next cuts as you lay the sawed side down on the saw table. Unless you have a full leg thickness that carries you across the table on both ends. They are fun to do
Yes  spindle sanding, then hand sanding
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I would say that the easiest way to do this is to saw the tapers on a bandsaw or handsaw, and then use a rasp to shape the sections. Or, get a new daughter with less complex desires
Smile

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Don't they all have complex desires?  I thought that was the way they came.
And it's your fault for marrying their mother, especially if you had met their grandmother.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)