Need lawn mover recommendations
Toro self propelled - just regular not the personal pace one. I have had it since 2007. So far I've had to replace the ignition coil about 6 years ago because it wouldn't start in humid weather, and breather last year as it was leaking oil. Regular maintenance is annual oil change, sharpening the blade, and clean the deck occasionally For the winter I put in Stabil. It starts in 2-3 pulls after winter otherwise in 1, sometimes 2 during the season. We have 1/4 acre property.
(04-14-2020, 08:07 AM)Wild Turkey Wrote: When I used a push mower I found I really prefered one that had outlet ports for both side discharge and mulching.

In the spring there will be weeks the weather/schedule keeps you from mowing when you need too and the grass will get too tall to mulch.  That's when I open the side discharge port and throw the clippings across the lawn.

Then I close the port and a few day later go across the lawn again both mowing the grass the proper size and mulching the last cuttings.
My Kolbalt has side rear and mulcher
No brand preference here -- I got Husky rider because that was the brand my small engine dealer carried.

But for small mowers I've found one with mulch/side discharge to be best. (self-propelled is a given!)

Mulch is best for yard, but if the grass gets too tall to mulch open the side discharge and mow it, then in a day or three close the discharge and mulch new growth and old clippings.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)