Laguna 18-47
There is one for sale. $1250. Anyone use this lathe and what do you think of the price? Seems a little high to me, but would definitly appreciate any feedback from anyone with personal experience. Thanks a lot
I do not own or ave any experience with that lathe, thought they stopped making it. Until go see, hear it run really not worth anything. If all is well make an offer knowing replacement parts may or may not be easy to find!

https://www.lumberjocks.com/reviews/704
Bill
After posting here I looked at all of the reviews I could find. Some recommended it but more of them were sketchy at best. I think I will pass and just keep looking. Really don't NEED to upgrade, but still always looking just in case the right one becomes available If nothing shows up in the next 6 months I might just have to go new.
My 4 yo 18/36 was $900
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

(04-22-2020, 04:04 PM)Turner52 Wrote: There is one for sale. $1250. Anyone use this lathe and what do you think of the price? Seems a little high to me, but would definitly appreciate any feedback from anyone with personal experience. Thanks a lot

I had one that I bought used for 850. It was smooth, reliable and I turned some big bowls. The variable speed dial was very touchy. I also had the outboard attachment and used that a bunch too. It was a later serial number as I was told by Laguna, so it had no problems. Grizzly still sells that same lathe, so that should tell you it is reliable.
Now where is that chisel