G3 Chuck and cole jaw
Hi all,

Does anyone have a solution for the fact that the key for a Nova G3 chuck can't be turned more than 1/8 of a turn when using the large cole jaw?  Do I need to buy a 2nd key and cut off one of the arms?

Anyone ever run into this before?  I was so excited to use the larger jaw but what a pain to mount a work piece.

thanks!

[Image: KaZtPQsWxCZxogZUdwp6csJc2G-IP1PcAa68KB8T...69-h758-no]
Follow along on the instantgram:  room_23_woodworks
I do not have those but I remember that they sell a longer one for that purpose.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Can you cut the shank off and weld or braze the female end of a 1/2" drive extension to is so that you can use a regular tee handle?
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
I think that the old key was one piece but the new ones have a handle that can slide through the shat.
Call Nova customer service.
they might send you a new one
Thanks for the ideas.  I will reach out to Nova first and if that does not work then buy a second one and modify it.
Follow along on the instantgram:  room_23_woodworks