Price for Agazzani bandsaw
I bought a beautiful Agazzani B20 bandsaw 10 years ago. I just haven’t been using it lately and am thinking of selling it. I’m curious what a fair price would be for it. It is barely used and in “ like new” shape.
(05-21-2020, 12:48 AM)hedgehog55 Wrote: I bought a beautiful Agazzani B20 bandsaw 10 years ago.  I just haven’t been using it lately and am thinking of selling it.   I’m curious what a fair price would be for it.   It is barely used and in “ like new” shape.

What's it worth?  Whatever someone is willing to pay for it.  But the max. I've ever paid for a used machine is about 2/3's of the current new one, and that was for one that looked like new and where the new one had no substantial upgrades over the used one.  For example, the MM16 has undergone several upgrades over the years.  Today's model, not even called the MM16 anymore, has 16" of resaw height and something close to a 5 HP motor.  15 years ago it had 12" of resaw height and about 3.5 HP.  If I were looking to buy one of those older models today I would be offering well less than half the price of the new one, even if it looked new.  

John
(05-21-2020, 12:48 AM)hedgehog55 Wrote: I bought a beautiful Agazzani B20 bandsaw 10 years ago.  I just haven’t been using it lately and am thinking of selling it.   I’m curious what a fair price would be for it.   It is barely used and in “ like new” shape.

I'm looking for a bandsaw like the one you're thinking about selling. Any chance you're near New England?

Murray

Oh,
And to answer your question: this is a decent ballpark:
another B20 from several years ago
I paid ~$1600 for my mint Agazzani 20" bandsaw. It came with rolling base and carbide blade.

[Image: shop-9.jpg]
Wood is good. 
Even though I own a MM16, I think Agazzani might make the best Bandsaw out there.
Worth $2k. Id start at at least that. Folks are not making them that good even close to $2k.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(05-23-2020, 08:12 AM)Murray M Wrote: Oh,
And to answer your question: this is a decent ballpark:
another B20 from several years ago

.....except, on the same site from just last month is the same model bandsaw for $700.
I paid $1200 for my late 90’s Italian made Laguna LT18 with mobil base, upgraded ceramic guides and non carbide blades. I was very happy and still am. KC is a decent sized area and I watched religiously for a higher end used BS for a long time before finding one. I felt like I got a very good deal and I don’t regret it even though it was the most I’d ever paid for a machine.

That $700 seller was dumb.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.