Gas grill problem
If I can't solve this soon, I'll bite the bullet and get a new grill. Are the Weber grills at HD the same quality as Weber grills available from other sources? I'm not sure if its urban legend or truth, but plumbers have told me that Delta products at HD have some plastic parts inside instead of brass to reduce the cost. If it's true for plumbing, maybe it's true for other products, like grills (like cheaper steel or ceramics). Thanks.
If turning the burner knob and flame doesn't change, I would replace the gas valve.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Have you checked to see if there are no webs or critters in the orifice tube
As others have asked, can you modulate the flame size via the controls?
I suspect that hose you replaced.  There have been instances where the rubbers used were
not the correct types and they degraded over time and clogged regulators, valves and burner
orifices.  

The "Mr. Heater" portable propane heaters were having problems with that some time
back , which is when I read about it.  The aftermarket hoses used for coupling the heater to
a larger tank ( to thus save money on the small disposable ones ) would over time break
down and clog things up.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me