Confirm Teak and Type of Finish to Apply
(06-30-2020, 06:59 AM)bpatters69 Wrote: I forgot to mention that I have quite a bit of CrystalLac PolyOxide which is designed for floor that is water based.

Would the Crystallac be a good option?

Here is a link to it:

WalMart Sells it

That should work as long as you use the flat or matte sheen.  

John
(06-30-2020, 10:10 AM)jteneyck Wrote: That should work as long as you use the flat or matte sheen.  

John

Its Clear Satin.... still ok as it is only the finish, right?

Also... per the pictures in my original post, this is Teak, right?
(06-30-2020, 03:57 PM)bpatters69 Wrote: Its Clear Satin.... still ok as it is only the finish, right?

Also... per the pictures in my original post, this is Teak, right?

No clue if that's teak, sorry.  

Satin isn't going to look like no finish unless you apply only one coat, maybe.  If you apply the normal 2 or 3 coats it's going to look like there's a film finish.  If you want the no finish look you need to use matte/flat. 

John
(07-01-2020, 09:42 AM)jteneyck Wrote: No clue if that's teak, sorry.  

Satin isn't going to look like no finish unless you apply only one coat, maybe.  If you apply the normal 2 or 3 coats it's going to look like there's a film finish.  If you want the no finish look you need to use matte/flat. 

John

Thanks. I contacted the Crystlac company and they agreed that the Crystalac Product I have will work. They did confirm that I should use Acetone to clean the teak before applying the finish. I have plenty of product so its worth a try vs buying something new.