Saw Stop 3HP PCS - Increase 4" port to 6" - Blade Shroud Hose?
(07-06-2020, 11:05 AM)GeeDub Wrote: No worries Simon.  I got a little confusion on another forum as well.  The shroud is inside the cabinet below the blade.  The guard above the table top will remain.  I will likely increase the guard's hose to a 2-1/2" but, that is a separate issue from the cabinet's 4" to 6" change in the thread.

To your post, I was surprised how well the overarm collection was at the guard even with the poor choices of a T connection and a small hose.  The draw at the hose, when you put your hand to it, seems pretty wimpy but, like I say, the collection is quite good in the stock form.

Now I see my misunderstanding. As for the overarm dust collection blade guard, I saw in the lumberjocks where a guy connected the overarm tube to an extractor directly instead of using the T connector. I copied his approach and saw 50%(?), if not more, improvement. The only downside is the extra noise. The dust collection blade guard is far better than the heavy overhead tube as there is no need to adjust the tube when cutting different widths.

Simon
@BloomingtonMike - You sure wouldn't want to put your tape, ear muffs or goggles down in the wrong place in your shop
Big Grin
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

(07-07-2020, 12:02 PM)GeeDub Wrote: @BloomingtonMike - You sure wouldn't want to put your tape, ear muffs or goggles down in the wrong place in your shop
Big Grin

or children, or pets, the wife, etc., etc. Mike doesn't do small very well.
Laugh
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.