Hand Tool Podcasts?
So now that everybody is listening to podcasts these days, do you folks have some hand-tool-centric (or general woodworking) podcasts that you've been enjoying? 

I don't have a whole lot of time for listening to podcasts myself, but recently I've really enjoyed The Hand Tool Book Review by Ray Deftereos.  He's reviewed some familiar titles, especially from Lost Art Press, but he's also turned me on to a few books I didn't know existed or had only heard about.  It's not easy to do a podcast about woodworking, since there are no visuals, but talking about woodworking books is a lot easier in the podcast format.  It's a really well-produced podcast, and he even does interviews with authors from time to time.  Highly recommended if you're apt to pick up books on hand tool woodworking.

Along those lines (and at the risk of self-promotion), a friend of mine interviewed me about my woodworking for his own podcast about creative living, and I thought one or two of you might be interested in listening.  The podcast is here, called Detours Ahead--scroll down to episode 3.

So are there other hand-tool podcasts that you'd recommend?
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(07-18-2020, 01:25 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: So now that everybody is listening to podcasts these days, do you folks have some hand-tool-centric (or general woodworking) podcasts that you've been enjoying? 

I don't have a whole lot of time for listening to podcasts myself, but recently I've really enjoyed The Hand Tool Book Review by Ray Deftereos.  He's reviewed some familiar titles, especially from Lost Art Press, but he's also turned me on to a few books I didn't know existed or had only heard about.  It's not easy to do a podcast about woodworking, since there are no visuals, but talking about woodworking books is a lot easier in the podcast format.  It's a really well-produced podcast, and he even does interviews with authors from time to time.  Highly recommended if you're apt to pick up books on hand tool woodworking.

Along those lines (and at the risk of self-promotion), a friend of mine interviewed me about my woodworking for his own podcast about creative living, and I thought one or two of you might be interested in listening.  The podcast is here, called Detours Ahead--scroll down to episode 3.

So are there other hand-tool podcasts that you'd recommend?

I also enjoy Hand Tool Book Review, Ray is also a really nice guy, but I may also be biased.

Bob Rozaieski did some hand tool podcasts as well if you haven't heard them already they are worth a listen -https://brfinewoodworking.com/category/audio/

Look forward to listening to your interview. 
Big Grin
(07-20-2020, 09:14 PM)mongo Wrote: I also enjoy Hand Tool Book Review, Ray is also a really nice guy, but I may also be biased.

Bob Rozaieski did some hand tool podcasts as well if you haven't heard them already they are worth a listen -https://brfinewoodworking.com/category/audio/

Big Grin

What is a podcast?

Tom
(07-21-2020, 07:34 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: What is a podcast?

Tom

Basically, a recording of a bunch of guys getting together covering some selected topics for an hour or whatever duration of choice. Many podcasts of any sort are good examples of Parkinson's Law. A 5 min material or topic could stretch and run into 15 minutes or half an hour of recording. Put another way, it's like the audio version of a video; it's all talk - a hearing thing, not visual. Kinda like radio talk show in the older days.

Simon
(07-20-2020, 09:14 PM)mongo Wrote: I also enjoy Hand Tool Book Review, Ray is also a really nice guy, but I may also be biased.

Big Grin

Mongo, thanks for the recommendation!  I didn't know he had done all those.  Looks like a goldmine! 

Looking forward to listening to those.
Smile
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop