Estate Sale finds..
Went to an Estate Sale, Yesterday....spent a whopping $10...out of a "budget" of $11......
Rolleyes 

They only had 6 of these clamps.   3@ 6", 2@ 18", and 1@ 12"...and a set of bits that I found in one of many tubs...
Cool

T-40 to T-60.....which I cleaned up last night...

They just might come in handy.
Confused   There were tubs of Mechanic's tools, a shed full of power tools, another shed filled with fishing supplies, including 3 outboard motors...and a lot of hunting and camping items....Most of the woodworking stuff was for a Carpenter.....most of which I already had.  

Wasn't too bad of a day, even good back home before temps hit 90 degrees...
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Nice score. I see batches of clamps like that here on Craigslist for $50 or more.
Torx bits. Handy as there are lots of those fasteners being used these days.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Had the new clamps hung up for a few days..

Today...the 3 longer ones were put to work....along with a few others....may have some work for the 6"  clamps, later...

Figured I saved over $20 buying this things....
Winkgrin
Another weekend, another sale....this one cost a bit more....spent $18 this morning....I wanted to stock up on small C clamps...

4 @ $0.50 each...2-1/2" or so...
Turned down a "Whale Tail" Stanley No. 3 ( $8?!
No ) but could not set a jack plane back down on the table...

Wonder IF the lifetime warrantee is still good?
Rolleyes

Craftsman decal and lever cap....will know more after a clean up...price?
Confused

Might be worth it in parts alone....so...out of the $18...so far, I am up to $17....what did cost me a single dollar bill...

Well, it DID have these BIG teeth..about 5-1/2ppi....stretched on for 28"...
Cool

Has a very fancy handle, too...

Even the "slots" were almost "clocked"...

From what I can read of the etch....the "8" is inside of the "D".....there is no sign of any trade marks below the etch...
$1 for a pre-1928 Disston Thumbhole D8?   
Confused

Yes, I was wearing a mask, today....
Rolleyes
Looks like I have some cleaning to do...in my spare time...not too bad of a day?
Winkgrin
C clamps were 2" ones.   Seems the fellow was doing a bit of welding with these....had a lot of splatter to grind off...

Wire wheel to clean the rest of the rust off.    Bottom 2 are labelled as "Unbreakable"?   Top 2 have a patented  marking...

Parts..

At one time, these were "blued" (WW2 era?)

Sargent frog...red painted because Sears wanted it that way...

Yoke is a 2-pc thing of steel, not cast...

She's real fine, my..four..oh..nine"   Sargent #4 size frog...also used on 414 jack planes...

Cleaned off the seat for the frog to sit on...sole was checked for "flat" using the 2-finger method...and cleaned up

And the sides as well..

Put everything back together, for now..

Will work on the handles later, as well as sharpen the iron..

BL ,  I think was the Sears code for Sargent made tools...not too bad, for a $15 jack plane?  
Confused

Debating on how to clean that rip saw up....and NOT lose the very readable etch....haven't tried it out, to see how sharp it is, yet....

Beginning to keep an eye out for "Estate Sales"  around the area......
Cool
the "business end" of the iron...
Uhoh  

I doubt if this had ever been sharpened.....bad, even for a jack plane....might take a little bit of work...
Rolleyes
I have a jack plane that has the same frog but my is black and the blade is a 19-42 and has Sargent 414. There is a lot of pitting that I didn’t see the blade has some bad pitting at the cutting edge. Not sure how I’ll fix that.
“Ann: Do you exercise?

Ron: Yes. Lovemaking and woodworking.”
(07-27-2020, 08:53 PM)briman87 Wrote: I have a jack plane that has the same frog but my is black and the blade is a 19-42 and has Sargent 414. There is a lot of pitting that I didn’t see the blade has some bad pitting at the cutting edge. Not sure how I’ll fix that.
I usually grind back  to get past the pits.    They are caused by the chipbreaker sitting there too long, causing a build up of crud under it....which then gets damp and a bit of rust.   No biggie.  Lots of water, grind back, then do a 25 degree bevel, then sharpen.
Front knob has been cleaned back to bare wood....then a coat or three of BLO rubbed on, while the knob was spinning in the drill press....letting it sit there for tonight.