Digital readout for Powermatic planer?
(07-22-2020, 01:48 PM)fredhargis Wrote: I didn't realize they had 2 models, the one I used was the WR-510, is there another one?

It looks like the 510 is intended for lunchbox planers, though not limited to them. The one I just ordered is this one, which seems to be intended for stationary machines. WR-550
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I like that one better, looks like the readout is mounted remotely.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I think that they originally had just the lunchbox model, which is the one I bought,  and there were posts on that site on how to rig it so it worked where the table moved ( as on a stationary model ) versus the motor moving ( like on a lunchbox ).
Remote readout would be nice ,  though I am perfectly happy with mine.
I have an Igaging 12" DRO on a J/P combo. They're handy there, I sometimes have to go planer -> jointer -> planer. A DRO makes it easy to return to the original planer depth setting. I had to get a little creative to figure out a mounting to be able to set the planer to the correct depth. It wasn't that hard but I found it easier once I got the DRO and held it where I wanted it. Then it was pretty self evident. The bed moves and the DRO doesn't, I just had to figure out a way to adjust the DRO reading to reflect the bed position.