GE fridge water filter
Long shot, but since GE tech support does not want to answer my email.... My GE fridge came with the house. Plug where the water filter goes. I bought some filters, but cannot remove the plug. Rotated it a quarter turn and it loosens up, but won't come out. I pulled moderately hard. I don't want to force it. 

Stuck. Voice of experience would be welcome.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(08-05-2020, 03:28 PM)Aram Wrote: Long shot, but since GE tech support does not want to answer my email.... My GE fridge came with the house. Plug where the water filter goes. I bought some filters, but cannot remove the plug. Rotated it a quarter turn and it loosens up, but won't come out. I pulled moderately hard. I don't want to force it. 

Stuck. Voice of experience would be welcome.

Did you open the filter door all the way ?     Mine uses the RPWFE filter  and you dont twist it.    Open the filter door, pull the plug outward until resistance is felt,gently pull to unseat it.  It says do not twist it.   If yours uses a different filter the process may be different. Roly
Our GE Profile uses the RPMWF Filter seen in this vid:

RPMWF Filter change

Same outfit also had this vid for the MWF Filter:

MWF Filter Change
(08-05-2020, 05:06 PM)WxMan Wrote: Same outfit also had this vid for the MWF Filter:

MWF Filter Change

Thanks. Mine has no door, works this way ^^^

Except I have a plug (I guess previous homeowner didn't want to pop for a filter). It should come out the same way. It turns easily and gets a little loose, but won't come out. I'm leery of just pulling harder. Dunno what else to do though.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

(08-05-2020, 04:14 PM)Roly Wrote: Did you open the filter door all the way ?     Mine uses the RPWFE filter  and you dont twist it.    Open the filter door, pull the plug outward until resistance is felt,gently pull to unseat it.  It says do not twist it.     If yours uses a different filter the process may be different.     Roly

Thanks. No door on my model.
Best,
Aram, always learning

I don't have a GE, but one the ones I have had that plug was purposely hard to remove (I guess), the O-ring is really a snug fit.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Ok, let's try this again (photo issues)

On my GE (8 year old french door model) you twist to remove. But it is kinda odd. You twist a bit past a quarter turn and it gets loose. But then you have to keep twisting. It gets stiff again and then drops out. About a half turn total.

You can see the ramp if you take the cover off (my cover you just pull forward). When it is at the halfway/loose point it is right before that exposed ramp at the front.