Bosch dishwasher leak, a cautionary post
I opened my dish washer the other day and the pan was filled with water.  At first I thought the drain was clogged, but I could later see that the agitator (the spinning blade the sprays the water) was dripping.  

It is not leaking into the kitchen however as I guess there is an overflow that takes care of that.  In the mean time if I leave the door open a bit it actuates another valve that shuts off the water.

I went to the Bosch site and they listed two authorized repair facilities. 

One, that is nationwide, is "Appliance Repair Center, Inc."  It had dozens of terrible reviews.  The reviews are all so negative that it is almost funny:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/appliance-repai...ughkeepsie

The other repair facility has very good to excellent reviews. 

I am posting this as a cautionary warning:  Just because the manufacturer has them listed as an authorized repair facility, that does not mean that they are good at what they do.

Contrast this with GE service, which is corporate (and still excellent even with GE Appliances now being owned by Haier company, a Chinese company).

We had a power outage for the last two days and that has caused a delay in everything (I spent two nights in a hotel as it was too hot to stay in my house).  I am waiting for the repair company to get back to me on an appointment.  They did take the model and serial number so that they could order parts.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(08-06-2020, 10:42 AM)Cooler Wrote: Contrast this with GE service, which is corporate (and still excellent even with GE Appliances now being owned by Haier company, a Chinese company).

Our new kitchen is all GE. Overall, we like everything. But, the fridge was shipped with the wrong door handles. GE was quick to respond but shipped the wrong parts... they shipped us a new freezer door instead. But, they quickly over-nighted the right parts. There were screw ups but they bent over backwards to get things straight. Everybody makes mistakes, not everybody bends over backwards to make things right. Was very impressed.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(08-06-2020, 10:42 AM)Cooler Wrote: I opened my dish washer the other day and the pan was filled with water.  At first I thought the drain was clogged, but I could later see that the agitator (the spinning blade the sprays the water) was dripping.  

It is not leaking into the kitchen however as I guess there is an overflow that takes care of that.  In the mean time if I leave the door open a bit it actuates another valve that shuts off the water.

I went to the Bosch site and they listed two authorized repair facilities. 

One, that is nationwide, is "Appliance Repair Center, Inc."  It had dozens of terrible reviews.  The reviews are all so negative that it is almost funny:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/appliance-repai...ughkeepsie

The other repair facility has very good to excellent reviews. 

I am posting this as a cautionary warning:  Just because the manufacturer has them listed as an authorized repair facility, that does not mean that they are good at what they do.

Contrast this with GE service, which is corporate (and still excellent even with GE Appliances now being owned by Haier company, a Chinese company).

We had a power outage for the last two days and that has caused a delay in everything (I spent two nights in a hotel as it was too hot to stay in my house).  I am waiting for the repair company to get back to me on an appointment.  They did take the model and serial number so that they could order parts.

Just had similar issue with my Thermador cook top (Bosch company as well) the spark mech for the grill and the griddle died - got the name of the authorized repairman in the area and he came out. Old guy probably 70 who did not have a CLUE on how the cooktop worked or was even assembled. I knew more about it than he did from my searches and review of the schematics. I only called him because the parts are EXPENSIVE and I did not want to just start throwing parts at it to attempt to fix (after the obvious replacement of the $12 igniters). He looked and poked and said he would have to call tech support - well after a week of no contact I said screw it and spent the $500 for the two spark modules that were the likely culprits and replaced them myself (took all of 30 min). Viola they now work. Been almost 3 weeks and STILL no contact from the repairguy....
You would think that Bosch would vet the repair companies and only refer qualified repair shops. 

When my Porter Cable 15 gauge nailer went on the fritz I brought it to an authorized repair shop. The repair went fine.  But the shop was a shop of horrors. 

He disassembled the gun while I was there to see what would be required for the repair.  He spent fifteen minutes looking for his allen wrench set. 

He seemed to know what he was doing, but the repair environment made me very uneasy.  I've since retired that nailer; it gave me nothing but grief and it was feeding two nails at a time and I was not going to spend more money on what I considered an unreliable product.

I now have a Milwaukee battery powered nailer.  I hope I don't have to bring that in for repairs anytime soon.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.