Gutter Help - Pictures
Hello All,

I need to repair my gutter. There is about a 5' section of duct that tore away and I don't think I will be able to re-use it. The piece is similar to  this one at Lowes:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Amerimax-120-in...ut/1101827

Please take a look at the picture below. The red arrow on the left should not be a problem as all I need is sheet metal screws to connect the gutter to the connector. The arrow on the right is a bit tricker. What you see on the right is the actual gutter. I would think I need some type of connector piece, right? The green arrow is showing you where the piece will be installed.

Thanks, Bill

Attached Files Image(s)

I'd like to see a picture outside the enclosure on the left.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(08-15-2020, 01:46 PM)bpatters69 Wrote: Hello All,

I need to repair my gutter. There is about a 5' section of duct that tore away and I don't think I will be able to re-use it. The piece is similar to  this one at Lowes:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Amerimax-120-in...ut/1101827

Please take a look at the picture below. The red arrow on the left should not be a problem as all I need is sheet metal screws to connect the gutter to the connector. The arrow on the right is a bit tricker. What you see on the right is the actual gutter. I would think I need some type of connector piece, right? The green arrow is showing you where the piece will be installed.

Thanks, Bill

The piece on the right looks like flashing being used as a gutter.   Will a section of downspout fit over it and use some sealant on it ?   If that is what it is I doubt if a connector is made for it.  Roly Which way is water flowing, cannot tell from photo. It will determine weather the downspout goes in or over the "gutter"
I do not think the photo on the right is a gutter. It is just a channel that had the gutter laying in it to divert water. You can do the same. Maybe pop rivet to it to keep it secure. From photos tough to make things out. Looking at it further it looks like the flow of water is from right to left with the down spout on the left. If that is the case then just cut that flashing to fit inside the gutter and pop rivet it. Or bend it. No need for connector. Maybe the way it was and thus the reason for such a big gutter.
John T.
You can add a gutter slip connector to the right and run the gutter over to the down spout.  You will have to cut the downspout so that it is vertical to connect to the gutter.

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=...slip+joint
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I would get a gutter large enough to slide over the flashing on the right, or cut the flashing down so it slides 6" or so into the gutter, then run the gutter to the downspout on the left.