Acoustic Panel Encapsulation? (Portable Generator Sound Wall)
Post pics and numbers when you get done.  Next time I buy a generator it'll be much bigger and a diesel. I want enough to run the whole house which means being able to run the AC and everything else. The neighbor is on his own transformer as they require new transformers for all new construction and their power has gone out a few times this summer and when it's 110* and the AC is already running non stop from noon till midnight you really don't want the power going out for any length of time since AC units are undersized in most houses (due to incorrect temperature data in the Manual J calcs) here and can barely cool as it is. 

I'm a big fan of rockwool insulation and really like that exterior stuff as it has lots of uses but it's hard to get as depot and Lowes don't carry it. Funny thing is It's in every home improvement store in europe and other parts of the world. Here you have to go to an insulation supplier and often they rarely have it in stock.
So here are my generator sound panels.  The mineral wool panels were wrapped in landscape fabric and attached to OSB using screws and fender washers.  Each panel weighs around 25 pounds.

[Image: bJ493a3.jpg]  [Image: xrncYkZ.jpg]  [Image: jvDGIqU.jpg]

I did a quick test and just leaning the panels against the generator reduced the sound by about 50% (3 db).  My wife was inside and said that when I added the front and top panels there was a noticeable drop in the volume - not so much when I added the two side panels.  I may play around with additional configurations but the generator's design with the handle in the back lends itself easily to this configuration.  I am happy with the initial results.

[Image: 1ezjUWD.jpg]  [Image: q47j8rJ.jpg]  [Image: 3BpwtK5.jpg]
Thanks everyone! You’ve saved me a lot of time and $ in this particular rabbit hole. I just bought a new portable generator and I’m going to use the ‘2 panel’ approach since it seems the most cost and effort effective.