Dog's in shop?
(08-23-2020, 09:50 PM)EdL Wrote: Toby was with me 24/7, nothing in the shop bothered him...the granddaughters golden is the same way, loves it here (no kids)....I usually have to turn the lights out to get him up to go home.

Nothing in here bothers the cat either.

Ed

No dogs but we had a rescue cat, may have been a Siberian. She would come down to the shop and make sure that I looked like I knew what I was doing. No power tool noise scared her off. Her young replacement comes down but vamooses as soon as a power tool starts up.
Got a mixture of replies. Think I'll go with it if it bothers him he'll just leave. I'm not making him come in, he just follows me out there. I have noticed he tends to leave during the router, so maybe that one is too loud for him.

I thought your dog was funny chilling out under your bench. Mine sometimes jumps under my planer and hangs out there.

Thanks for all the replies you all.
Sawdust gets in their fur and then gets dragged throughout the house.

The idea of having dog in the shop is more attractive than the reality of having a dog in the shop.

Mine stayed upstairs.  (Plus my German Shepherd did not like the very steep stairs.)

I would not have minded my cats spending some time in the basement.  I would get an occasional mouse in the basement.  But whenever they made it down to the basement they found a way to disappear.  I never actually found them when they hid in the basement.  They just suddenly appeared.  But they would be thoroughly covered in sawdust (I do have dust extraction, but not for all the tools (especially my chop saw and radial arm saw).
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Smile 
Sorry to hi-jack the dog post, but my shop cat is always curious to what I'm working on! 
Big Grin

But now when I grab an air hose or vacuum hose, she's out of there!  Hates the sound of air and the vac.  

[attachment=33528]
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
(02-23-2021, 04:29 PM)KLaz Wrote: Sorry to hi-jack the dog post, but my shop cat is always curious to what I'm working on! 
Big Grin

But now when I grab an air hose or vacuum hose, she's out of there!  Hates the sound of air and the vac.  

I gotta agree with the cat on this one.

With a photo like that, I also am curious about what you are working on.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Maddie the Beagle in her usual spot/pose while I was in the garage/shop at our old house.

There was a time when she was young when she was absolutely uncontrollable.  She always looked for a way to get out and hunt.  She would squeeze between your legs to shoot out the door; then it was "nose down, tail up" while she was hunting.  An electric fence finally broke her of that.
(02-23-2021, 06:34 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: I gotta agree with the cat on this one.

With a photo like that, I also am curious about what you are working on.

Epoxy colored pencil bowl
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV