Squaring arm for track saw
I've been using my track saw to rough-size panels of plywood and then cutting to the finish size on the table saw. 

I bought a TSO squaring arm and I thought I would try cutting finished sizes directly with the track saw. 

Measuring with a story stick I  set the rail for the longitudinal cut. 

I then mounted the TSA squaring arm.  It takes just seconds to snap it in place.  There is no provision for making adjustments so the machining has to be 100% accurate from the factory.

I made the cut and checked it first with a good carpenter's square and again with my fancy-shmanzy  Woodpeckers T-Square and it was perfectly square to the edge.  With the 55" track it will  cut a 48" long cut.

This is the squaring arm:

https://tsoproducts.com/tso-guide-rail-s...il-square/

I read that it is sold in the USA under the TSO name, which was the company that designed the item.  It is sold elsewhere under a licensing agreement by Festool as a  Festool product.

It is a Festool item, so it is expensive ($160.00), but beautifully made and thoughtfully designed.  And totally accurate.  I recommend it.

https://youtu.be/_wH36OR4dYM
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Looks like a cool tool.  I was thinking of trying to build something along the lines of this for my Makita track saw.  Probably still will.
Been using the TSO one for about three years now. Solid, simple, and quick. I recently ponied up for their parallel guide system because I need to make a bunch of floor to ceiling cabinets for my wife's sewing room, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
(08-24-2020, 11:14 AM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: Been using the TSO one for about three years now. Solid, simple, and quick. I recently ponied up for their parallel guide system because I need to make a bunch of floor to ceiling cabinets for my wife's sewing room, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

You forgot to mention "pretty". 

I do like that there is not provision for adjustment.  It assumes that the tracks are made accurately (mine are).  And it assumes that the CNC milling is accurate (as apparently it is).  Nothing to go out of whack. 

But still, $160.00 is a lot of money for an accessory to the track.
I bought one and liked it so much I bought one for my son's Christmas present, Excellent piece of gear.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Save some of you some time if you got in on the Dewalt deal a few years back

Compatible Guide Rails (Both): FESTOOL, MAKITA and TRITON (not compatible with FESTOOL HK 55 Carpentry Saws including the FSK 250, FSK 420 and FSK 670; not compatible with BOSCH or DEWALT tracks)
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(08-24-2020, 08:58 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Save some of you some time if you got in on the Dewalt deal a few years back

Compatible Guide Rails (Both): FESTOOL, MAKITA and TRITON (not compatible with FESTOOL HK 55 Carpentry Saws including the FSK 250, FSK 420 and FSK 670; not compatible with BOSCH or DEWALT tracks)

I’d be interested if they had a Dewalt compatible one...
(08-24-2020, 11:16 PM)JDuke Wrote: I’d be interested if they had a Dewalt compatible one...

It is not on the website list of compatible tracks:

https://tsoproducts.com/tso-guide-rail-s...il-square/
(08-24-2020, 11:14 AM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: Been using the TSO one for about three years now. Solid, simple, and quick. I recently ponied up for their parallel guide system because I need to make a bunch of floor to ceiling cabinets for my wife's sewing room, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

I have two aluminum 48" rulers (Empire, I believe).  An a couple of sets of stops for framers' squares.  I set the stops on both rulers to the identical length and then use a spring clamp to fasten it to the stock.  Once I have the track in place I lock it down with track clamps. 

I do have to remove the rulers before I make a cut (I always measure on the cut side--I like to avoid doing math).

I seem to be getting table saw accuracy using this system.

The whole setup probably cost less than $30.00.  I also use the stops and rulers as an adjustable story stick.
[Image: s-l225.jpg]
I’ve had mine for a few months and Love it. Waiting for my Bigfoot jig for festool domino. Planning on adding the parallel guides in the future.