120V mag switch choice?
(08-31-2020, 07:41 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Looks like that Grizzly is only rated to 10 amp max and 8 amp nominal. What does your 5625 run at?

(08-31-2020, 07:49 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: They rate that 5625 up to 15 amps 120v. I'd have another better switch ready and waiting to drop in the table. Guessing you will smoke it eventually if you put some load on that router. Don't put it around wood dust either in the install.

Thanks. Where are you guys seeing those numbers? I saw the 16A 120V rating -- which should be ample for the 5625 -- and went with it. Must have missed something.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Aram
does that switch fit a standard elec box ?
i have though of doing the same
but i have found some of those switches only fit the machine/box they were originally designed for
(09-01-2020, 07:34 AM)oakey Wrote: Aram
but i have found some of those switches only fit the machine/box  they were originally designed for
It does look like sort of a non-standard size.

This "snap-in" magnetic safety switch with sealed buttons and "spade" type terminals is the perfect replacement or upgrade switch. 120V, 16 Amps. Mounting Size: 7/8" x 1-7/8".
(09-01-2020, 07:34 AM)oakey Wrote: Aram
but i have found some of those switches only fit the machine/box  they were originally designed for

I don't know yet. If it does, great. If not, I improvise.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
To put things in perspective as to what you're getting with the low grade plastic toy switches.

Here's a Square D that's a pretty good one that doesn't have to run three phase.  Motor starter switches like this are used when things really matter and the application is getting lots of on-off cycles.

https://www.zoro.com/square-d-nema-magne...214906/?q=
What good is that Square D without controls?

The Amazon Chinese stuff looks okay to me.  A little bit better motor starter isn't that expensive from Automation Direct or similar outlet. They sell Eaton, those prices are ridiculous for a self-important relay.