Ceramic tile baseboard
Looking at installing 6x36 ceramic planks for baseboard against drywall.

Thinking about using construction adhesive and caulk instead of grout.  (Plan to keep gaps very tight)

Floor is vinyl planking over concrete.  Nice and flat.

Feasible plan?
(09-03-2020, 09:06 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Looking at installing 6x36 ceramic planks for baseboard against drywall.

Thinking about using construction adhesive and caulk instead of grout.  (Plan to keep gaps very tight)

Floor is vinyl planking over concrete.  Nice and flat.

Feasible plan?

The edges of the ceramic are unglazed.  You will have to add trim to cover it.  Why not just use the vinyl plank as the baseboard?  Either way you will have to add trim to cover the edge.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Not sure that look would work for me, but it's your house
Smile . The unfinished edge of the tile facing up will look kinda....unfinished.

Are the walls straight too? Might want to take a long straight edge and see what kind of gaps you'll get.
(09-03-2020, 10:42 AM)joe1086 Wrote: Not sure that look would work for me, but it's your house
Smile . The unfinished edge of the tile facing up will look kinda....unfinished.

Are the walls straight too? Might want to take a long straight edge and see what kind of gaps you'll get.

The luxury vinyl plank would not have an issue with walls that are not straight. 

I could see the advantage of either if the floor is wet-mopped frequently.  My house cleaner wet-mops the bathroom floor and the base molding is probably due for a re-paint.  Using a Swiffer or a Rubbermaid Hygen mop (an excellent product) will eliminate that issue.

[Image: 48-581-050-03.jpg]
Good point re: straight walls I know one has a big bow :-(

It’s in any office gets mopped every day.

I’m way more comfortable with wood. If I seal bottom edge with silicone?
Video 
Restaurants often use quarry tiles.  This image shows the baseboard.

[Image: 694dee706aabca8e33934b0ce322788a.jpg]
I have sanded (actually ground) the factory edges of tiles to create a modified "bullnose" and spray painted them with auto touch up paint on a lot of bathrooms. It looks fine, as in finished. I have also used tile as base and installed a small base molding on top painted to match the other standing trim. Flexible grout is a must at the wall/floor joint to maintain a good seal, but don't use it on the top as the film you can't really get completely off the wall finish will attract and hold dirt in about a month. Don't ask how I know!
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
FWIW, I've made by own tile baseboard out of 12x24 tile using a diamond bullnose wheel in my wet saw. Rip the tiles into whatever width and then profile one edge.

I was using through body porcelain - there was no need to do anything further to the profiled edge.

I think the diamond wheel was $40.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
This is in an office, not a home.

Coolers suggestion made us take a second look at vinyl & we’ve decided to replace the existing vinyl.  Took a look at installation videos then it was a no brainer. (Hat tip, Cooler!!)

One of the reasons we were looking at alternatives was there is s a significant gap under the drywall on several walls and the vinyl is unsupported gets folded under.  Plus, after looking at the videos, it was a sloppy installation job.   The baseboard is also a light color, adding to the unattractive mess.

I plan to remedy the gaps by using 1/2” plywood filler strips and going with a darker color.
Thanks guys, were breathing a sigh of relief.  Repainting a business while it needs to stay open is not easy!!
The exposed edge of the vinyl will look unfinished.  How are you going to deal with that?

I am wondering if you used a heat gun on the edge if you can roll it over into a bullnose.  Experiment. 

Too much heat will melt it.  Too little will prevent the forming of the edge.  A smooth round pipe rubbed over the edge will form the bull nose.  I think it is worth a try.