Jointer snipe help please
Raise the outfeed table a little and do test cuts until the snipe disappears.

This works for me with helical head cutters.
(09-08-2020, 07:18 AM)stav Wrote: If I am reading this correctly, it sounds as if the board is dropping into the cutter as it leaves the in feed table. So I would go with the suggestion that the out feed is too low.  I am no jointer expert though.

(09-09-2020, 09:41 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Raise the outfeed table a little and do test cuts until the snipe disappears.

This works for me with helical head cutters.

As I had not removed the infeed table, I did just that, cleaned it, and spent way too much time re-aligning everything. This time, it appears to be dialed in -- I am not seeing snipe. We'll see if it sticks.

Thanks for the advice.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
It sounds like the out feed table is too low, I would ever so slightly raise it. That solved my snipe issue.