Another jointer Q: remove bent stop pin
Yorkcraft YC-8J again. I did something or other stupid a long time ago, and bent this pin. It catches the depth gauge (a sheet metal part not shown in the pic). It's not essential, but before I cut if off and grind it flat, is there any hope of replacing it? I assume it is press fit, so I am not seeing how.

[Image: i-zDkCG8g-M.jpg]

Thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Aram, not familiar with the jointer, but a few thoughts -   can you apply some heat to it, without getting the table too hot, and then try to bend it back?  Otherwise, you could always cut it off, then drill out a hole for a new pin
(09-12-2020, 08:56 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: Aram, not familiar with the jointer, but a few thoughts -   can you apply some heat to it, without getting the table too hot, and then try to bend it back?  Otherwise, you could always cut it off, then drill out a hole for a new pin
Oh, man. Duh. Yes, I could.

Thank you.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Aram, glad to be of help.  Hope it works out.
Any chance that the pin is threaded?

Anyone have a parts list for that model?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.