Pneumatic tool repairs
Working in the bosses studio, I noticed a small rubber piece on the floor.  It was cracked, I thought it was the foot off the miter saw or the dead pancake compressor.  Nope, turned out to be the exhaust hood from a pneumatic tool we had been using, brad nailer.  I looked up the part on ereplacementparts.com.  $1.99 in stock; $5.99 for standard shipping.  Ordered, here in a week.  On a down day I snapped 'er in place, sorta.
No

The hood didn't snap down over the center post. 
Uhoh
Pulled up the exploded diagram online, and you have to disassemble the upper assembly to remove a tiny screw below the post, remove the post, press fit the hood, press the retention post down thru the hood, screw it back in from underneath, and reassemble. 
Crazy

$1.99 part.

Cleaned up and took the brad nailer back out.  Laying on the bench was another snapped exhaust cover. 
Upset. Not the one I had removed and replaced.  I checked... It was from the stapler. 
No  Back to the website, another exhaust hood at $1.99 and another $5.99 shipping. 
Rolleyes

If I had known, both could have shipped together.

Miss T has a habit of lowering the tools to the ground by the airhose.  What do they land on?
Next time I SEE her do it, I will remind her of the damage, and why there are tool hooks ON the ladder. 
Laugh

Yup, it's risky, but I've lived a full life.

Cool
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
The cheaper parts like o-rings when I need one at a dollar a shot, I tend to order 3-4, especially if I have more than one gun size.
Ck'in my PC gun arsenal, I have 15 air guns and staplers. So extra seals around is a good thing
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-17-2020, 04:36 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: The cheaper parts like o-rings when I need one at a dollar a shot, I tend to order 3-4, especially if I have more than one gun size.
Ck'in my PC gun arsenal, I have 15 air guns and staplers. So extra seals around is a good thing

Yup, going to look at the diagram later and perhaps order a head gasket, some orings, and another exhaust cover.

Big Grin
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
thanks for the reminder, I need to order a soft tip (several) for the brad nailer. One would think they would be stocked at retailers since they are a wear item, but nooooooooooooooooo.

Upset

Ed