garage shop heater
I have one of the Dyna Glo 240v 7500w heaters from Northern tool. My shop is 30x56x14, but well insulated. It's enough to keep the temp up, but will not raise it that much when it's cold and windy out. It's just a factor of wattage. It would be the perfect size for a three car garage. It was on sale and I have 200A service out there. I also don't have propane on my place.

I also have a big buddy portable propane heater. I use this in conjunction with the electric heater, and that will warm it up decently in a couple of hours. I'm usually out there after work, so the sun has had a chance to warm it up as well.

I thought about a propane furnace, but more to install.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
I’m in Minnesota, 24 x24 detached Garage/shop dedicated to toys and hobbies, cars get their own garage. I have a 50,000 BTU gas unit heater and heat it 24/7. I keep it about 45 and up it to 50 or so when I’m working, I like it cool. Ceiling fan 24/7 and it works wonderfully. Gas budget for house & garage runs $62 per month.
my shop is about a 4 car garage size - i use a reznor propane heater. it hangs from the ceiling joists and does a great job of maintaining heat and then warming it up very quickly. comparable unit is the modine hot-dawg. it's nice that it does not use up any floor space. have had the reznor for lots of years and have not had any issues.
jerry