Help needed finding a few cedar roofing shingles
Question 
Many years ago my dad built a little shelter for a statue of St Jude for my mother.  After dad died and we sold the house my sister took the statue and then went back and got the shelter.  Last spring she asked me to make a "new house" for St Jude.  How could I say no?  After pondering it for a bit I decided that I had to make it the same, but with any luck a bit more durable.  I had this cedar board that I bought for something that had never been built so I figured it was the perfect solution.  I built the house and even added a little beam to hold the roof.  Then it was off to the one lumber store in town that I knew would have shingles.  Nope haven't carried them in years.  Tried place number 2, they recommended place number 1, number 3 recommend 2, I gave up on lumber stores.  So then I started searching roofing contractors that advertised cedar roof repair, the common answer was we haven't done shake roofs in years.  I then stumbled onto a place that I knew existed but had no idea what they really did because there was never any trucks there.  Talked to the owner at length and bottom line cedar shake roofs in the Spokane area fell out of favor years ago.  It probably started with the wind driven firestorm that tore through parts of Spokane back in the 90's.  So now what?  Then it dawned on me.  Post something on Woodnet, maybe somebody has some laying around, or they know where they can go pick up a few loose ones at a supplier, something, anything??  I figure I need 6, 4 for the roof and 2 spare for when I screw up.  That would match what dad did. 
Oh and yes I considered cedar siding but it is so much thinner and the look just wouldn't be there, plus I question how long it would last.  I think they need to be at least 6" wide
Raised  guess I better double check that one. 
I have no idea what they are worth but I would of course pay for them (if reasonable, after all I am thrifty ok cheap
Rolleyes ) and I will obviously pay the shipping. 

Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
The Borg carries them here.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

(12-01-2020, 08:41 PM)EatenByLimestone Wrote: The Borg carries them here.

Not here that I could determine.  But I can order a bundle of them.  I'm not sure what a bundle of shingles would cost but I'd bet it is more than my cheap bottom is willing to pay
No
Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
Our local Lowes has cedar shims that come in a bundle for not much $$, and some are very wide, easily 6". Some of the ones in the bundle I had were very clear, no knots, etc.. Could stand in for shingles on a project like this I would think.
Amazon 
https://www.amazon.com/Western-Red-Cedar...01&sr=8-16
I think what you are looking for is a cedar shake used for roofing. Sorry I only have shingles and all have been stained transparent cedar. The borg should have them.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
try cedar fence boards  their 1/2 by 6" by 6'  just my thinking
I'd be tempted to buy a cedar fence board and use my fro on it to make a suitable shingle.
Our local big boxes have the cedar shim packs, not sure about actual shakes...
Might that be a Rhodesian Ridgeback pooch in the background?
the local menards SE michigan has them available in singles and in a small bundle