Help needed finding a few cedar roofing shingles
Woodworm, I love my sister but not enough to order a $205.00 bundle from the devil store.

Robert & WxMan cedar fence board 
Raised   I might have to put that one as alternate plan B.  In the big scheme who would know?

Brian, you know I'm not sure what that pooch is.  She is about 6 months old I think and hasn't seemed to stop growing.  She is friendly but skittish at the same time, not sure if that is still the pup in her or the breed???  Although they have 2 small children and the boy does not treat her that great so she may grow into a man hater...….

oakey, Menards
Sigh  everyone is always talking about them and all I can do is wonder what a store is like.  I'll check their website out
Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
Having been thru a RR that was not treated nicely by our neighbors, does not sound like a great start...They are extremely bright, headstrong and absolutely fearless...
(12-02-2020, 11:13 AM)Just_Dave Wrote: Woodworm, I love my sister but not enough to order a $205.00 bundle from the devil store.

Robert & WxMan cedar fence board 
Raised   I might have to put that one as alternate plan B.  In the big scheme who would know?

Brian, you know I'm not sure what that pooch is.  She is about 6 months old I think and hasn't seemed to stop growing.  She is friendly but skittish at the same time, not sure if that is still the pup in her or the breed???  Although they have 2 small children and the boy does not treat her that great so she may grow into a man hater...….

oakey, Menards
Sigh  everyone is always talking about them and all I can do is wonder what a store is like.  I'll check their website out

Who would know?  Nobody, except you, likely.

Menards:  I'll say they are my go-to big box here.  As for lumber and building materials, I like being able to drive into their yard with my pick sheet and select the lumber that fills out my order.  Reasonable delivery costs for large orders.  The guys working in the yard are helpful and they'll help load.  Tool selection not as good as HD.
When I wanted to replace a few mossy cedar shake shingles on a small shed, I looked on eBay. You will find them there, both new and used.
How about finding a cedar log and splitting out your own?  Maybe from a firewood dealer or small mill?  There used to be some pretty big cedars growing in Washington.  You'd only need one round of a diameter and length to give you the size you need.

Phil
I have a bundle or two of split shakes left over from a project. I would be glad to send you what ever you need. Can you tell me the length needed and the width you need to cover? 

Of course I will need your name and shipping address once we determine what I need to send. 

Tim
Work got in the way today so I'm just now checking back in. 
I searched CL within 500 miles and eBay.  No hits on CL and eBay had some ugly used ones and some ridge cap ones but nothing else unless I didn't have the right search terms
Crazy 
Cut my own
Rolleyes
Laugh
Tim I am off early tomorrow I will get the length and then PM you.  I am pretty sure the width is 6"
Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
(12-03-2020, 10:10 PM)Just_Dave Wrote: Work got in the way today so I'm just now checking back in. 
I searched CL within 500 miles and eBay.  No hits on CL and eBay had some ugly used ones and some ridge cap ones but nothing else unless I didn't have the right search terms
Crazy 
Cut my own
Rolleyes
Laugh
Tim I am off early tomorrow I will get the length and then PM you.  I am pretty sure the width is 6"

Home Depot

If your local store doesn't have them in stock, you should be able to get them shipped at least to the store....

https://www.homedepot.com/s/cedar%2520shingles?NCNI-5
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
(12-03-2020, 10:10 PM)Just_Dave Wrote: Work got in the way today so I'm just now checking back in. 
Crazy 
Cut my own
Rolleyes
Laugh

Sounds good. If I remember to check here this weekend I can send them of on Monday.
Tim
Lowes has them too.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Red-Cedar-Untre...es/3379244