WTB: Quartersawn White Oak near Philadelphia
I need about 40 BF for a desk build. Mostly 4/4 with some 8/8 for legs.
Looking for strong ray fleck.
Have cherry, walnut and a large piece of holly to trade or will pay a reasonable price.
The local lumber yards are familiar to me. Not able to pay Hearne or Groff prices.
Thanks for your consideration.
PM sent (with potential contacts, not an offer)
If you're willing to drive out to York there is a guy down there that I got stuff off of when passing through. He sources it all locally and quatersaws everything not just WO. His prices were pretty reasonable and his wood was really nice. Also a perk of his setup is that he air dries it. Let me know if you want that info and I'll send it over. If memory serves me right he's probably got an ad up on the York Craigslist, just search for lumber and look for an ad that mentions quarter sawing and the benefits of it.
Morning PT,
I think I know who you mean. He does have good prices.
Glad to hear from a satisfied buyer.
Please send the info so I can confirm we are talking about the same person.
Groff Lumber, in Quarryville (south about a half dozen miles from Lancaster) sells very nice hardwood. Their shipping is very reasonable also, with very quick delivery. I live in DuBois, PA and have been buying from Groff for over a decade, with no disappointments!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Feel free to call Delaware County Supply and ask them about their pricing. They are good folks and always treated me right.

http://www.delawarecountysupply.us/

cheers,
Cosmin
(12-20-2020, 12:31 AM)wm_crash Wrote: Feel free to call Delaware County Supply and ask them about their pricing. They are good folks and always treated me right.

http://www.delawarecountysupply.us/

cheers,
Cosmin

Another vote for DCS , probably prices in line with Talarico maybe a little cheaper .
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
DCS has been closed since 12/22 and won't open until January 4.
Meanwhile, I have started in a new direction. Dug some walnut out of my stash after seeing a wonderful new doc about George Nakashima.
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.