My Kitchen table
I just finished this table today.  Made from 120 yr old reclaimed wood.  Taken from this barn.   Finished with Total Boat Halcyon, see my review of that under finishes forum.  This is the design from Wood Magazine a few months ago.  I have the benches to make and just tonight I rough cut the wood for them.  I am very pleased how this turned out.  I even got a trip to Johnson's wood bench in Michigan to see their 47" planer sander.  That thing is a beast.  Helical carbide head, they were busy and wouldn't open it for me. Oh well, still cool nonetheless.

Attached Files Image(s)

I guess I should also add that I used Total boat table top resin and diamond pigments Hazelnut to fill in all the nail holes, knots and cracks.
Very nice looking table. Great work there.
Oh, wow! That is beautiful. So this Johnson's place just did some custom sanding for you?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
The table looks great! Nice work!
A wise man once said, "All woodworkers make mistakes. A good woodworker can hide them."
Yes during the glue up, some of the boards did not line up completely flat.  They were able to run it through the machine.  Cost for that was 30$, not too bad.  Came out sanded to 80 grit. Johnson's Work Bench is in Charlotte, MI.  My mistake calling it wood bench.  http://theworkbench.com/  Look under services for what they offer.  They were not too keen on running reclaimed lumber due to the risk of nails.  I assured them that it was 100 percent clean, they still ran the metal detector over it.  In the photo, you can see some darker legs in the back, that is just my old tables bench.
Very nice.  A wonderful use for old wood.  -Howard
Beautiful table you made there.  Isn't it amazing what was hiding inside that old, weathered wood.  Good on you for giving some of it a new life.  Was there any undesirable odor in any of the wood?  

John
Great reclamation project, I love reusing wood when possible.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Very nice job. Great use of material
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020