Cross Country Move Question - Dust Collection
I moved from Florida to Colorado with company compensated professional movers, through Atlas as I recall. 'Professional' is relative. They packed and loaded a lot quicker than I ever would have, but that was less expertise and more total lack of regard. Slam some stuff in a box, label it with something that may or may not be relevant to the content, and shove it in the truck in a way they can squeeze another household in and boost their profits by halving the expense.

A component of that experience is that your large tools with flat surfaces are just another place to stack more boxes on. They bent the rails of my old Delta Contractor Saw by stacking a lot of weight on top of it without anything propping up the extensions. Other tools suffered other indignities. So based on my last experience, if I ever have to relocate for work again, I am taking a couple days off and crating all my stationary tools.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
Oh man that sucks. Did you get any valuation insurance? I'd definitely advise that if you're moving tools. I know it's too late for you, but this article LINK REMOVED has some good advice about how to avoid the crappy movers out there, though I haven't heard the worst things about Atlas. It's always tricky dealing with a mover when you've got tools and equipment that could be damaged because they don't know how to handle it properly. I'd definitely be asking some questions about the process before agreeing to work with any moving company.

THIS POST WAS REPORTED AS POSSIBLE SPAM, SO THE LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED.