Quest machine found: 1951 Uni...
...with Unifence, original fence, AND goose egg motor cover.

This popped up on my Facebook Marketplace last week. I wasn't actively lookin for a (third) saw, but I couldn't say no to something at such a low price 20 miles away!

I don't know when the R/I motor was last serviced, so I'll replace its bearings and make a new switching spring collar before I open it up.

I didn't need this saw but I've wanted one for a decade now. Hopefully one of my kids will use it when I'm done with it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Nice!  Can I ask what you paid?  I spotted one of a similar vintage in the wild recently myself, but it's been over a decade since my last restoration. I also don't need another table saw right now, but...but...
You are entitled to your own opinions. Just not your own facts.
Wow! Nice find....an heirloom tool.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Looking forward to the details of the frame-off restoration!
Nice.  Mine's a 1954, but yours is in better visual condition and has a bullet motor no less.  They are so smooth and full of torque.  You didn't say what you paid but just that motor cover is worth well over $100; same for the clean out door and plinth.

John
The original ad was $300. By the time I got to him, he had been offered $450, which he said surprised him. I explained why and said I'll go as high as $500 but if he gets higher, to take it. He reached out the next day and said if I wanted it for $500 it was mine. We scheduled for the next sunny day (it had been raining for several days). When I showed up, he said he had been offered $800 after we talked but was happy with $500 knowing it would be put into use again.

It was his dad's, who bought it used in the 80's. Dad was a Master Carpenter (or at least, the way he said it, to me it sounds capitalized) and was really into ww'ing as a hobby. From what I gathered, he passed away a few years back and his son was trying to figure out what to do with his tools. He kept a few for his own use but didn't have enough room to keep them all.

There is a bit of rust on the plinth. His father taped in a sheet of plexiglass to guide shavings towards the DC opening. I don't know whether I'll do much of a refurb any time soon, but if I do, since I'm not a purist, I'll likely paint it Rustoleum Hammered Black, as I like the way it looks and I painted my jointer and PM66 in the same color. Painted the dust hood the same on my PM100 and will eventually paint the planer, too.
Semper fi,
Brad

Nice story, and good on him for selling it to you. There aren't a lot of CL listers that would do that. Congrats!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Nice haul bud.......
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Nice saw. Do you really need to paint it? The "worn look" is in! Give it a coat of wax.
To be honest, I've been wanting to paint my 100 for five years.

It's still that tired, beat up green...
Semper fi,
Brad