band saw illumination
(03-29-2021, 07:04 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: Hey Mark,  I bought this one after reading your message. -  https://www.amazon.com/JANSANE-Lighting-...193&sr=8-8  it was delayed a bit in arriving, but wow, what a strong magnet, nice light.   I have a 17 inch bandsaw, and with the magnet base on the side of the frame, the head of the light is a little shy of the blade, but still lights up the table pretty well, and if I need to, I can always mount it to the upper wheel cover.  Nice find.  

Thanks for letting me know that worked out.  I also have a 17" bandsaw and put mine on the top wheel cover.

Mark
(03-18-2021, 08:33 AM)Woodshop Wrote: I have 6 of these . they stay put on my machines, nice bright light, strong magnet, great price. note that the 3 pack are shot goose necks not the longer one, and the long one 17" is an over all length. still plenty long.
I do have the shorter ones on my lathe and sander. they work great also, but have less LEDs

Sewing Machine Light 40 LED

Ordered a three pack.  One for the bandsaw, one for the leatherwork bench, one for the knife bench.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(03-17-2021, 08:24 PM)weelis Wrote: Does anyone know of a magnetic based bandsaw light that REALLY works>  Every vone I have tried fails miserable in staying in place with the BS vibration.  If you dont use a magnedtic based light, how do you illuminate the BS blade>  Very  unsatisfactory and very frustrating.  Thank for any input.

I have three similar to this one......from Ebay...... I use a 100wt equivalent LED bulb in it...........none better IMO..

[Image: s-l300.jpg]
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(03-19-2021, 03:45 PM)Ohio Mike Wrote: Same here.  I have a 5000K LED bulb in it.

The magnet is powerful - the light never moves unless I want it to.

[Image: 51053309107_e9609408cf_c.jpg]

Mike

This is the way to go. LED bulbs keeps the heat at bay.  I did similarly on my drill press.
(04-06-2021, 03:20 PM)Cian Wrote: This is the way to go. LED bulbs keeps the heat at bay.  I did similarly on my drill press.

Leaned into one of those with an incandescent once. Nice red spot on my forehead.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(04-07-2021, 08:21 AM)Rob Young Wrote: Leaned into one of those with an incandescent once. Nice red spot on my forehead.

Ha!  I totally know what you mean.  LEDs have been a Godsend.