Underbench cabinet: final pictures of Stage One
There is more elegance in that cabinet than many (if not most) are capable of producing.

I was new to the idea of the internal structure being the primary weight-bearing support as opposed to the case. This whole project has been a master class in cabinetry and drawer making and fitting. Thank you so much for taking the time for your excellent photography and written descriptions. Your discussions with Bill Tindall proved to be elucidating.

Thank you!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Thank you, Curt! You have always been so very kind with your praise. Really made my day.
Smile

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
wow a real work of art!
maybe it's answered deeper in the build along, but what are the dark spots on the backside of each drawer from?
(03-25-2021, 07:32 AM)mound Wrote: wow a real work of art!
maybe it's answered deeper in the build along, but what are the dark spots on the backside of each drawer from?

[Image: 3.jpg]

I think you mean the numbering of the drawers, which became smudged when wiped with shellac.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(03-25-2021, 07:48 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: I think you mean the numbering of the drawers, which became smudged when wiped with shellac.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Ahh! Duh.. Should have realized that
Smile
What I love about you, Derek, is your attention to detail in every facet of your builds, beginning with the design and ending with the finishing. Your posts enlighten a host of woodworkers on how that attention to detail produces a superior product. Quality of craftsmanship takes time and skills, both of which you bring to the table. Thank you for sharing all this with us.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Thank you Allan.

Regards from Perth

Derek