If you like the Ishitani videos on YouTube...
...then check out this new YouTube channel called Leaf-Works.  It's very similar.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-velBg...HqA/videos

Mike
(04-01-2021, 08:07 PM)Ohio Mike Wrote: ...then check out this new YouTube channel called Leaf-Works.  It's very similar.

Mike

thanks for sharing this!
Jason
Mesurei, cutti, cursi

I think I missed the thread on Ishitani. Will have to look for that.  These videos from Leaf Works looks very interesting.
Thanks for sharing.  I watch all of Ishitani's videos.  I will definitely check these out

I just can't get into those "maker" videos of a lot of these content creators.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Kobeomsuk Furniture is another one along with Isitani and Leaf-Works.  I find all their presentations very soothing.
Can't but ask this question - after spending hours and hours watching these content producers' videos and all others, how do you guys still find time making your own stuff? Or is it that you just build something once every 6 months or 9?

Simon
Thanks for sharing.
I see the same left-handed slider; no crazy joinery circ saw, but he makes up for it with the tablesaw leg-making setup.
And it seems like a very wide blade on a not very big bandsaw.
Also interesting to see a domino and oneida dust deputy.

I thought the use of the puffer was interesting.
And also the clamps he uses for panel glue-up.
Anyone know what happened to Ishitani?  He hasn't posted in several months.  I know they had a new baby, so that may be it.  I really liked his videos and the others mentioned as well.
(04-01-2021, 08:07 PM)Ohio Mike Wrote: ...then check out this new YouTube channel called Leaf-Works.  It's very similar.

Mike

Thanks Mike. He is enjoyable to watch - very clean work (thanks to video!) and I tend to think of such furniture making as wood machining. Ishitani, unlike Leaf-Words, does do traditional joinery. Here, there is too much cutting boards to size and then using Dominos, screws, etc. I also wonder why he sands so much - he clearly knows how to set up a chipbreaker on the planes he uses (but so sparingly). 

My take away is to try rubber bands for joining thin boards. I use blue tape for this.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(04-03-2021, 08:01 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Thanks Mike. He is enjoyable to watch - very clean work (thanks to video!) and I tend to think of such furniture making as wood machining. Ishitani, unlike Leaf-Words, does do traditional joinery. Here, there is too much cutting boards to size and then using Dominos, screws, etc. I also wonder why he sands so much - he clearly knows how to set up a chipbreaker on the planes he uses (but so sparingly). 

My take away is to try rubber bands for joining thin boards. I use blue tape for this.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Yah the rubber bands to join thin boards was new to me.. Also as to "machining" - did you happen to see him "turn" tapered round legs with the tablesaw?! He "chucked" the blank to a hand-held drill which was mounted to a sled, then spun it as it pushed it past the blade..