Height Adjustment Issues - Bosch 1617 Router
Hi All:

For some reason, I cannot get the height of my router bit to adjust when mounted in the Bosch RA1171 table.  I’ve got it mounted in the correct screw holes and am using the supplied Allen key to adjust the depth gauge on the router. I’ve loosened the clam in the back of the fixed router base. When I turn the depth adjuster, the rod just goes up and down, but the height of the router bit does not change. I’ve moved the router up and down and locked it into the indexing tabs, but the same thing happens at each of the 3 heights. 

I feel like it is a simple thing that I am overlooking...but for some reason, cannot get it working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all!!
Just realized I am missing the retaining clip that prevents the rod from backing out. Not sure where it went, but looks like I’ll need one of those or a 1/4” collar stop from the hardware store.
Yep, that clip can pop off if you hit the end of travel. First time i did that, i picked up a replacement at a local Ace Hdwe. Second time, i picked up two and taped one to the inside of the cabinet door. That was probably 6 or 7 years ago--and i haven't needed it. It's a standard sized clip, but i don't recall the size.
earl
I replaced the 'C' clip with a split collar. Especially useful when installing the router in a table.

The idea for this came from this forum in 2014.

Bill

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks guys. The rod is 1/4”.  I picked up an e ring and a collet stop. I put the e ring retainer on and it’s working fine. I’ve got the collet stop for next time.