Grizzily Track Saw problems (for motor guys)
I have a Grizzily track saw that I purchased new several years ago.  I hardly never use it.  Only when straightening lumber or breaking down an occasional sheet goods I can no longer pick up.
I bet I have used it maybe 10 times, and then very lightly. 
It burns up brushes.  After only a few uses, it started having trouble starting.  Then it wouldn't go at all.  So I took it apart.  I found one of the brush holders cockeyed and the brush eaten up.  I chalked it up to the manufacturer having a bad day and purchased new brushes and a holder.  Back on the shelf it went.
I've used it a couple more times, very infrequently.  Just the other I was breaking down a sheet of 3/4" ply.  It made one rip and was slowing down near the end.  Then it wouldn't go any more.   I opened it up and the brush holder case was melted and cockeyed again and the brush was eaten up.  I ordered new brushes and holders.  I got them yesterday.
The communator (the thing the brushes rub against) is not bright copper.  Should it be?
When I turn it on there is a lot of sparks coming from the brushes.  
is there something I can do about this?
Thanks for your help.

RP
(04-11-2021, 07:06 AM)RPE1 Wrote: is there something I can do about this?

Chances are that the insulation on the armature's windings were overheated and things are going down hill.  If you knew how to rewind an armature you wouldn't be asking this question so I'm guessing that this problem isn't going to end well.
I would start by contacting Grizzly.  This might be a known issue and there may be a fix for it. Other than that I have nothing but wishes of a good resolution for your troubles.
(04-12-2021, 07:13 AM)stav Wrote: I would start by contacting Grizzly.  This might be a known issue and there may be a fix for it. Other than that I have nothing but wishes of a good resolution for your troubles.

+1 on contacting Grizzly .       Check the commentator to see if the bars are the same height.  I don't understand what else could be causing it to bend.  Roly
(04-11-2021, 07:06 AM)RPE1 Wrote: The communator (the thing the brushes rub against) is not bright copper.  Should it be?
When I turn it on there is a lot of sparks coming from the brushes.  
is there something I can do about this?
Thanks for your help.

RP

When I got out of tech school Back in 1973) I worked in a automotive shop that rebuilt started and alternators. I turned down a lot of armatures on a lathe. They are made from copper and have insulation between each core. As the brushes wear it gets in between the cores and needs to be under cut. I would guess it over heated and the windings are toast. Once is shorts the heat keeps building up. If you have an ohm meter you can check the armature and the windings.

Call Grizzly as this should not happen on a saw that is rarely used. 

Good Luck